1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naughty words.. dun DUN DUUUUUUN!

Discussion in 'General' started by will., 4 Aug 2007.

1. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Before you read further, this post is full of swear words! Literally brimming. If your dainty eyes cannot take it. Turn away now! I really am not kidding.

Watch this family friendly video while you make up your mind:

Now that you've had warning your not allowed to complain about the content of this post in your reply and if you do your a tit.

OK, so there has been far to much whining about swearing as of late so why not stop complaining in the threads where people use them and just vent your (unjustified) prudeness in this thread.

I've found a list of words:
    1. ****
    2. Mother****er
    3. ****
    4. ****
    5. ******
    6. *******
    7. Prick
    8. Bollocks
    9. Arsehole
    10. Shag
    11. Whore
    12. Piss off
    13. Slag
    14. ****
    15. Dickhead
    16. Pissed off
    17. Arse
    18. Bugger
    19. Balls
    20. Sodding
    21. Jesus Christ
    22. Crap
    23. Bloody
    24. God

I've removed the racial ones and mental disability related ones because I feel those are irrelevant on these forums and the internet in general as pretty much everything about you is an unknown so anyone using them is just a silly goose.

I guess my feelings are already apparent, but here's my justification:

Yes, swear words are naughty, but we all say them in every day language. The really naughty one that begins with an F then a U followed by a C and then finally a K is already filtered, and thats fair enough. Its the badest of the bad. The one that starts with a C is also pretty high up there. In fact, its number 1 on that list and it is also removed already.

HOWEVER! The rest of them are not and I totally feel that that is how it should stay. We should be free to express ourselves. If that means dropping the occasional **** or piss or partially censored ****wit then so be it.

When I feel that it becomes unacceptable is as soon as you start using those words to attack another person. At that point it becomes more than just venting about the latest crappy console to PC port (damn you Splinter Cell!) If you feel that strongly about someone that you feel the need to swear at them then they have obviously said something wrong or offensive themselves, in that case, why not just use the report this post button. That is all you have to do!
    Similarly with people who just ****ing swear for the shitting sake of bloody swearing (bastards the lot of them). That's just pointless. It makes no sense and it does not make you cool. If you did it because you were angry, then just take a moment and chill! No one should ever get that angry about anything.

I think the only people who have the right to be grumpy about swear words are people that don't use them themselves and have no contact with anyone else that uses them or does anything else wrong in their lives. Skinny bald monks that live in mountains and can hold their breath for 30 min's for example.

So in conclusion, my feelings (just mine!) are that dropping the occasional naughty poo poo isn't wrong. By all means frown upon it and even voice your opinion but do so away from those original offending letters and don't go cluttering up a thread with your over the top prudish sarky comments.

And of course, for all those that really don't want to see the naughty words, just install this in Firefox: FoxFilter

Add your ****ing thoughts below! :eeek:

(And its in beer, because I'm a little bit drunk and I like the icon, it makes me want a beer. Oh and this is the sort of stuff that I've discussed over a pint with my mates so I feel its relevant)

2. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

I think you're ideas are a pile of total **** biscuit.

Nah, I aggree toally, I just wanted to use **** biscuit in a sentence.

3. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

**** stain is a oldskool fave of mine.

4. knuck

knuck Hate your face

THIS was too much for you , wasn't it ? :D

5. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Purple headed yoghurt thrower (or similar).
    Smeghead
    Big Jim and the twins
    Goit
    Gimboid
    Smacktard

6. will.

Perhaps :p

7. K

K 528491

Scunthorpe

No longer the Jason Bourne of forum sweary censorship.

8. Hells_Bliss

Hells_Bliss What's a Dremel?

Jesus Christ isn't a swear word, it's a person's name. Spanish I think... :D

9. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

Personally I prefered the good old days when we had to be inventive to get our expletive needs... such as bum fumbling phallus sniffing fellow hailing from mansfield... typically used to reflect an inbred individual who care much to partaking of homosexual activities and shoving a wiener up their nostrils.

However censoring for the win (EFF TEE DOUBLEYOO) to make.... Cheesecake (should be cheesecake or similar) and also christmas is a bit childish.

Then again it is usually RTT who pretty much hates christmas. I have come to the conclusion that most suits this rash undertaking. He can't reach to put the angel/star on top of the tree.

10. will.

Cheesecake

Christmas

haha, and didn't do anything...

11. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

will Cheesecake becomes cheesecake.

Christmas only happens at certain times of the year.

12. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

I thought Christmas only occured on December 25? :confused:

13. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Nah it's when RTT senses Christmas holiday discussion and Christmas present discussion.

14. tacticus

tacticus What's a Dremel?

oh frell that :p

15. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

Actually, I wouldn't mind having the swear filter back because, first: different words are differently offensive to different people, and second: if people aren't allowed to swear, it encourages them to be more eloquent, which is more productive, and more amusing for everyone.

Last edited: 4 Aug 2007
  16. will.

An interesting response. I'm not sure why your so upset?

I totally realise that different words have different impacts to different people. I happen to find the words 1 and 4 (from the list) the worst and I never use them in every day language. It doesn't mean I get upset if someone else does though.

Your also posting in the exact manner that would require a swear filter. Like I said in the original post:

So overall I would say that your small post is more deserving of being reported then my entire post. I may have uses a whole army of 'bad' words, but I didn't do it in anger and I certainly don't think the use of those words made what I wrote any different in quality (or lack of) than any of my normal posts...

17. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

Oooops, sorry, I thought the excessive exclamation marks would make it obvious I was joking. Though in retrospect, that's still no reason to swear. I've removed it.

18. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Very interesting read will, and I’m going to have to agree with you. I very rarely swear, I just don’t have the need to use them, yet, it makes me wonder, why 5 year olds use them. I think swearing has become 'accepted' in today’s society, which is a shame, and in some respect I’m fairly disgusted with the way it is used in everyday life. However, Billy Connolly swears an awful lot during his shows, and yet I don’t find any of it remotely offensive, in fact I find it the total opposite, I find it hard to stop crying while watching some of his shows.

That is my opinion anyway.

Sam

19. will.

The :p smiley is better than a thousand !'s :p

Billy Conoly is great, and the swearing is just who he is. Jimmy Carr is great as well. If you've ever seen that quiz show he does on Fridays. He doesn't say much, but when he does its brilliant, and some of the language he uses is hilariously over the top and it just fits with the way he speaks. In the same way that in Little Britain when the old people in the pub come out with lines like: "That boy just needs a big cock up his arse." It's just so unexpected.

Last edited: 4 Aug 2007
  20. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I don't see why F**k is thought of worse than **** TBH.