1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Stranglehold hardware requirements released

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 8 Aug 2007.

1. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

well Joe? ;)

2. iwog

iwog Linux cursed

Same would be 2 but one is still playing with a P4 atm. Shame that i cant run it with my lowly 1 gig of ram. But then again 1 gig dual channel is massive improvement from 512 single on a lappy. And i still stand by my claim that the game should be made dx10 only with 2 gig of ram needed, as how many people do you know running xp64? More people will run vista 64 now though.

3. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Trouble getting in touch with PR at the moment - they're all over the place handling Pre-Leipzig stuff - but I should be hearing back from the developers by tomorrow morning at least. No worries - I'll find out for you :thumb:

4. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

Go load up Quake4 at maximum settings, it will chew through 2gb ram without too many complaints (well it will probably only have about 1.6gb by the time windows and your BG programs have eaten their share)

I never really saw the point in HT, it wasn't adopted, it didn't speed up adoption of SMP coding and it doesn't do anything magical
    You cant get your dual core CPU to work twice as hard with HT enabled, i don't actually know quite what HT does, but its not really a big advantage
    If you have a quad core CPU under the hood, it would say so, dual core with HT is not anywhere close to a quad

i just checked wikipedia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperthreading

there isn't really anything definitive there, but it would appear hyperthreading isn't just a 1/0 - there are some changes to the chip to do it

5. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

It wouldn't cost that much to make/buy a computer with that, i would guess less that £600

I thought that no one could actually get their hands on the 7800 512MB?

6. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

Played the demo on Xbox 360 last night - I'm MUCH more excited about this game now (though I'll still be playing it on PC - need mouse speed / precision for aiming!)

7. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Nah, you just need more tequila time!

8. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Did we manage to get any more info regarding the dual core requirement?

Tags: Add Tags