1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News New iMac disassembled

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 9 Aug 2007.

1. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Hey, I liked Myst, it was a good game.

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

It was.

But Doom was better. :D

3. Morphine-Kitty

Morphine-Kitty Dead account.

Amen to that! :p

Last edited: 14 Sep 2007
  4. SLISean3826

SLISean3826 What's a Dremel?

Guys guys guys, dont be haters of the mac! Im a sound engineer so im using programs like Logic, Reason, Ableton Live and Pro Tools etc on my mac. Ive had my imac now for 8 months and it has yet to give me an error message of any kind. I use it for hours and hours and it doesnt overheat (however the temps are higher than you would expect from a tower pc which at first concerned me) But ive given up even thinking about it now because it always always works. My pc on the other hand has somewhat more power
    2.4 intel Quad core
    ASUS P5N32 e SLI
    SLI 8800 GTS
    etc etc
    However even with a nice pc like mine I wouldnt dream of using it in the studio, it crashes when it doesnt like the game its playing. It gets viruses so you have to have an ever annoying virus scanner that even more frustratingly you have to pay for. Firewire on a windows based computer seems to be as usefull as a frying pan made of butter and just about every program even crysis itself needs an update which just means im still sat on my chair waiting even after the installations are complete. Granted there are updates for the mac too, but they are far and few and make minimal difference! So a good conclusion is surely a tweak to an already fantastic program! And it boils down to this guys buy a pc if you want to play games but brace yaself cuz windows WILL piss you off. If you need a computer to do pretty much anything else buy a mac and love its simplicity, reliability and stop looking at the specs because apple are a team of profesionals that know more about computers than any of us and for them to sell these computers means they must invest millions. Only a fool would invest millions into a machine that has the potential to fail!

5. Kierax

Kierax What's a Dremel?

Holy thread bump Batman!.

6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

wow that's a great read, both article and comments! nice bump and thanks.

you got to hand it to Apple, they know how to make the bling and the buzz.
    the week before last week, i had to wait that week for my iPhone 2G, because the seller (kempez, great seller, totally recommend) hasn't received his iPhone 3G. and every day, i think about all the wonderful things about it, the remote, the internet anywhere, the google maps....... this is what makes Apple so successful: their marketing, their ability to wow people, their stylish designs.

but once i got it, played with it a bit, found out it's not all that amazing: remote drains your battery life, typing isn't so great, internet costs a LOT, google maps is totally useless unless you are on wifi. and don't get me started on the guess work of application supports horizontal viewing.
    (don't get me wrong, it's a great phone, but the software is just not what Apple made out to be)

so, all Apple relays on is marketing, nothing else. i have 2 friends who will only buy Apple products:
    1. loves his MBP, but it's way more expensive, slow comparing to another friend's IBM Thinkpad.
    2. buys Apple products to play his Unix server and Linux. because of the good driver support, and only because of the bling. he even said it: Mac OSX users are not computer experts.

the iPhone's cracking software and its forum is a great example, the pwnage tool on Mac is simplified such that a plank of wood can understand it, while the WinPwn software is complex and treats you like a man. yet, the Mac section gets more complain about errors while WinPwn forums seems like users just lives with the errors and solves them themselves.

so, Apple makes great products until you get it in your hands, that's when it feels disappointed, the bling/wow will soon worn off. and you'd be stuck with a demo for all your friends while it's just an overpriced product.

what i got out of this Apple product (my iPhone) experience: for a PC, just build one yourself, you'd save a lot of cash while getting a more powerful, less bling machine. for phone, if you love to show off, iPhone is great, otherwise it's just like other phones, only buy 2nd hand, as they are not worth their full price.

sorry about this rent, but do read it, especially if you are a wannabe Mac fan

Tags: Add Tags