1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V 2.0 Speakers, I need help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wilkyboy, 12 Sep 2007.

1. wilkyboy

wilkyboy What's a Dremel?

Hey Guys, Right im off to uni in a couple of weeks, and am looking to "Downgrade" to some 2.0 speakers, mainly because my neighbours (on all sides) in my halls probably wouldnt like my 5.1 current set up :sigh:. My budget is around £50, and i wondered what you guys thought were a good pair.

Cheers!

2. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Don't think you could go far wrong with these :)

3. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

I've got the above speakers (I got them ages before the review on Bit-Tech) and they're pretty good. They produce a good, clear sound and they are reasonably portable too. :)

4. mctigger

mctigger What's a Dremel?

nice recommendation, sir elthomsono!!

5. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

There's the Logitech Z-10 too if you don't mind paying a bit more. Looks great and apparently sounds great too but I haven't had the chance to hear them in action though.

6. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

I use a set of Logitech Z-10's on my laptop. They :rock: :clap:
    The T20's are good too though. I bought my elder son a set of those to use with his laptop ;)
    And finally... I bought my younger son a set of Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 2.0 to use with his laptop (lucky buggers - ain't they :D)...

[​IMG]

You won't go wrong with any of those. Maybe just read a few reviews of each, to help you make your mind up which of them to go for :idea:

7. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

Oh don't worry about your neighbours, I ahd 5.1 at uni, not a problem (apart from the transportation).

You tend to watch a lot of movies and do a lot of gaming in the first year.

A lot.

Trust me, everyone has their tunes baning out in halls and in houses. Cable routing maybe an issue to get the speakers in the right place I guess, I just stuck them across the ceiling ;)

I'd take your 5.1's (if u can fit them) and get decent headphones instead.

8. Seraphim Works

Seraphim Works What's a Dremel?

If you've already got a 5.1 set you like, and like Mother-Gooser said if you can actually fit them in, you'll probably be ok. As long as you aren't a total prat with the volume, I doubt the neighbours will care.

Put it this way, I had a 5.1 set at uni for the last 2 years, and in the halls where I lived in Coventry, no one gave a damn. There is ALWAYS someone who plays their music louder. However if you have got your heart set on 2.0, the creatives in post #2 sound pretty tidy, especially for the money.

9. Mother-Goose

Priory or Singer?!

10. Seraphim Works

Priory, then I escaped after the first year to somewhere where plaster would remain on the corridor walls for more than a week. Now I'm in a great Uni owned house with loads of room. I just feel entirely grateful that I didn't end up in Caradoc...

*shudders*

11. Ray06

Ray06 What's a Dremel?

yeah go for the Creative Gigaworks T20 speakers they have great sound quality

12. Mother-Goose

Seraphim, I was in 67 Barras Lane where had plaster mites and the whole room had to be sprayed, you'd be better with the plaster falling off lol I was in Priory for the first year, J block, 4th floor WOOT

13. Seraphim Works

Grantham Road here, the house was totally redone the summer before we moved in, new kitchen, everything. Mind you, with the massive amount of rain during the year, it seemed that the drainage pipe for the gutter decided to no longer work, leading to a corner of my room getting damp. Joy. And Priory J block, first floor, on core A. Those were the days....

*notices this has nothing to do with speakers*

Er, speakers are cool. Yep.

14. Mother-Goose

oh crap yes, sorry for thread hijack!