1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OcUK appoints new MD

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Tim S, 8 Oct 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

The UK's No.1 e-tailer of choice for high end computer, AV, digital products & peripheries has appointed Rupert Lowery as managing director of the business.

Formerly Chief Executive of TheHut.com - Lowery brings considerable breadth & depth to Overclockers UK having successfully managed & grown a number of technology based businesses.

Lowery, 41, has built a reputation for leadership and dynamism in roles within the retail, banking and technology industries, with Sainsbury's, Lloyds TSB, Halifax plc, Caudwell Communications, the state-owned Irish Post Office and the alphyra Group."

Mark Proudfoot, owner and former Managing Director, said:

"I'm delighted to announce Rupert's appointment and my repositioning as Chairman of the Business. Together I am confident that our combined drive and ambition will develop our business to deliver our customer's needs. Rupert's innovation, coupled with his understanding of the customer experience and my knowledge of the industry, will see renewed focus on products and service delivery for Overclockers UK customers."

Overclockers UK continues to offer its customers first to market solutions for high quality electronic products, software & peripherals and sees this appointment as a crucial development in its drive to develop its customer and supplier relationships.

Lowery said:

"I'm delighted to be joining Overclockers UK. It is without doubt the UK's No.1 website for high end electronic products. My role is 3 fold: Expand the existing groups of products, develop new and complimentary groups of products & services, and, optimise our service levels for our growing and loyal customer base. I am very much looking forward to be working with Mark and the Team to deliver our customer's needs."

Mark's repositioning as Chairman enables Mark to further develop supply relationships, act as Rupert's mentor in the short term as he takes over control of the operational business and maintain his active interest in the Overclockers Forum.

About Overclockers UK:
    Overclockers UK supplies high specification systems, components, software and hardware to its growing customer base via its ecommerce site www.overclockers.co.uk.

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I really want to put a witty comment in here, but I won't. SO I'll do it on IRC.

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

OCuK isn't my number 1 retailer of choice....

4. cool_dude

cool_dude Minimodder

Yeh... Ditto.

5. Sim0n

Sim0n rm -rf /

It'll take one hell of a man to sort out the pile of crap that currently surrounds OCUK's reputation.. Heres hoping he can manage it

6. Overlord

Overlord What's a Dremel?

We all love overclockers.

tbh i've never had a problem with them and even managed to get through on the phone :hehe:

7. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

proudfoot!?

yes! LOTR is coming to life!

8. Kurayamino

Kurayamino As long as the Raven flies

Woudnt we all make a big speech about how we're going to change something and make the world (or overclockers uk) a better place!? Saying its one thing doing it is a completely different story, actions speak louder than words. Also why does it take weeks/months to sort the problem, if hes that concerned fix it straight away!