1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony begging PlayStation 3 developers to stay?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 22 Oct 2007.

1. koola

koola Minimodder

Just a coincidence that most of your posts are defending Sony "like" a fanboy and shooting down anything else.

For a gaming console, the 360 wins every time due to its array of games and excellent online network. I do however insist that the PS3 is the far better designed console, feature and hardware wise.

2. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

How about I'm with both consoles, not for/against them....is that Ok? Secondly, everything on this site has to do with negative comments re: the PS3 (if Sony does something "good" it's usually put off as being "expected news" or a "360's already doing it, so stop wasting your time Sony"), and honestly I would do the same for 360 if people started dogging on it and spouted off completely opinionated comments, and rather than acknowledging them as their own opinion, they put them off to be fact.....I guess you (and a lot of other people) can't seem to see that....

the 360 wins "every time" atm yes, but you (along with a lot of other people) must not be giving the PS3 the necessary time (it hasn't even been a year yet) it takes for games (meaning AAA titles) to debut or even considering the pricedrop.....also how is the PSN any worse than XBL considering you have to pay an annual fee for an XBL account?

3. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Let's not have all this discussion again, ok? DevDevil isn't a fanboy and neither am I. I write articles based on personal opinion and general consensus which should always be taken tongue in cheek on matters such as this. Sony is a good company, but this is a legitimate rumour and the fears about the PS3 are also legitimate and commonly held. The same could be said about the Xbox 360 and the Wii. If the PS3 is nothing more than bookend then the Xbox 360 is just a slightly more popular (for now) bookend which constantly threatens to burst into flames, the Wii is a gimmick bookend most of us never use more than thrice and the PC is the most expensive bookend you'll ever bloody buy.

Now, play nice ;)

4. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

thanx Joe for that bit of encouragement.....since you are "the guy" to go for re: anything gaming it's good to hear you say something to help "calm the storm".....

5. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

well he's the guy to go to for gaming apart from goldeneye as he apparently hasn't played it. shesh gaming journalists these days.:D

In my heart I hate Sony with a passion but it’s mainly based on their music and movie business not the other sides like hardware and gaming, it just bleeds across. I do think that this generation will be lot tougher for Sony, the extra year the 360 had to market gave them a quite large base of users, and developers will go where the customers are, hence so far there are a lot fewer exclusives for Sony than before. Developers cannot afford to miss out on sales that could be made if they release on two or more consoles. With a more even split of users across the platforms this time round I see far fewer exclusives for any console by third party developers. of course this might also mean more mediocre cross platform releases

6. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

im thinking of getting rid of my gimmicky bookend cos the gimmick has worn off and cant decide whether i want a flamey bookend or an overpriced bookend or even whether i need a bookend at all... And surely if im going to be having bookends of some sort im going to need some books and im not sure what type of bookend fits the kind of books i want,

7. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

Well all I can say is I hope they stay in it, I actually like some SCEA games a ton, especially ICO and SoTC.

8. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

I gues it doesn't matter what system you have you will always end up with a "my (insert console type 1 here) is better that your (insert console type 2) and nobody likes (insert console type 3 here)" argument.
    I still remember the rabid baiting that went on between ZX Spectrum owners and C64 owners, even some of the Computer mags of the day joined in and probably most of them worked in the same building.

Tags: Add Tags