1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nintendo leading software sales, beats Microsoft

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 31 Oct 2007.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. sub routine

sub routine Archie Gemel

Yeah, I think the price per unit and the fact that NIntendo are pushing fun ideas rather than a cask which is going to be the next gen master. I mean the hd-dvd blu-ray face off is sooooo cynical.

3. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Hang on a second... Now that Sony is the underdog...

/switches teams

Everyone that is buying a wii is a retard. PS3 R00000lZorS!!! Xbox 360 is ok I suppose, but the PS3 IS teH bA\/\//\/\3!

4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I'm quite surprised by this news, given that there are no good games for the Wii and I don't see the handhelds being that strong of an influence on sales numbers.

5. will.

Metroid Prime 3 is good, Twilight Princess is good, Super Paper Mario is good. Super Mario Galaxy looks shaweeeet! But other than that, yea, I do see your point. The DS is still selling like hotcakes though.

6. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

This years BAFTA's disagree with you. It may be the first time a console-bundled game has won such a majority of awards. Also, while most of the heavy titles are still ports from other consoles (Resident Evil 4, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Prince of Persia: Rival Swords, etc.), the changes in gameplay are enough to give the game a fresh feel.

As far as handhelds not being that strong of an influence, Mr. Iwata and his numerous awards and successes would like a word with you.

7. will.

You're forgetting that BAFTA's are a joke. Not even a funny joke.

8. DrFreeze

DrFreeze What's a Dremel?

*tap tap* Excuse me sir? Miss Aran and here armcannon would like a word with you.

joking aside, the Wii does have a relatively small amount of traditionally interesting games, untill i picked up metroid last week, i hadnt touched my wii for a month or so. Metroid is totally ace though, and once i get through that ill probably pick up super paper mario, or perhaps GH3

the sweet stuff for every nintendo console is always the first/second party software, and nintendo has some ace stuff comming up

9. sub routine

sub routine Archie Gemel

Gameboy has always been a silent dominator in computer markets there was a time when it and Pokemon carried nintendo for a bit, the gamecude kind of died a death and didn`t come to much. I remember buying a platinum one ofor zelda then pretty much nothing else :s

Handhelds are far more accessible to a younger market due to pricing and personal disposable wealth of their families (i.e. LOADS of pocket money and birthday monies).
    They entertain on journies and their famillies will probably feel better about glibly buying a game that is slightly cheaper than current Next-gen titles, other factors that may help are the fact it comes in a small pack and doesn`t involve sitting infront of the tele. Who knows?

It still puts the handheld market in a strong position globally.

10. benjamyn

benjamyn What's a Dremel?

Only in UK, Gamecube didn't die/fade out so much in USA and Japan, I really wish I lived in USA becuase I've recently started picking up American Gamecube games and they are still sold regularly over there in the likes of toysrus, walmart etc!

Woah! You couldn't be more wrong. It's the main source of software sales for Nintendo

Nintendo DS games that have sold one million copies or more.
    DS is unstoppable, console and software sales alike!

Wii has sold around 6.5 million software titles. Xbox 360 has sold over 20 million, I don't know about PS3 but it only has 2 games selling over a million. I don't think I need to say what they are.

Source: Wiki

Also there are good games on Wii just not that many yet (Same with PS3)
    These include:
    Resident evil 4
    Zelda Twilight princess
    Metroid prime 3
    super mario strikers
    super paper mario
    Wario ware smooth moves (bit short though)

And out this month is: resident evil umbrella chronicles, super mario galaxy, mario and sonic at the olympics (hopefully will be good)

Plenty of good Virtual console games too and gamecube backwards compatibility :)

I'll admit Wii games quality don't come close to the xbox 360s though

11. Havok154

Havok154 What's a Dremel?

This is not really surprising at all. MS may have the highest attach rate of the next gen consoles, but that's all they have. Sony has 2 consoles and a portable and Nintendo has a very popular console and a portable that may actually have sold more units than there are people in the world. Plus, the DS just has so many good games.

12. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Even going as far back as the gray brick that is the original Game Boy, I wouldn't go so far as to make that claim about aggregate hand-held Nintendo console sales.

Tags: Add Tags