1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows COD 4 "hacking"

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Muffins17, 13 Dec 2007.

1. Muffins17

Muffins17 What's a Dremel?

I was just wondering how many people ever suffer the same experience.

I play pretty normally for a few rounds, this is pc based by the way, better than most but nothing spectacular.

New game i play a screamer, this happened today, i finised 30 kills for 6 deaths on HQ, and suddenly i have a couple of people shouting 'cheat!' 'hacker!' whenever i get a kill.

COD4 and COD2 are the only games i've played where if you're good, you're apparantly a hacker. Just wondering if anyone else gets this at all.

I'm probably just not good enough at other games :naughty:.

2. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

You obviously haven't played CS then :)

Just ignore it, play your game, and relish in the fact you are the better player.

3. oddball walking

oddball walking ...!

There just spoiled 12 year olds who can't take a beating. But your lucky CS is a lot worse.

4. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

I know what you mean. Still, they obviously think you are a good player if you get "hacker scores"

... you hacker

5. Fophillips

Fophillips What's a Dremel?

omg headshot aimbot

6. oddball walking

oddball walking ...!

7. Muffins17

Yer, i occasionally play CS, but i'm never good enough at that to get accused of hacking :p

It just gets to me, i suppose atleast its made me appreciate someone's skills and have faith they aren't 'hacking' :thumb:

8. Major

Major Guest

I used to play ET, was damn good at it, and every time I played I got shouted hacker.

9. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

It was the same way for me whenever I played America's Army, the original Day of Defeat, or TFC. I thought it was pretty funny, except for the rare occasion when an admin would kick me. Unfortunately I don't have enough time to play America's Army to keep up my skills, and just play BF2 since I don't care how well I do in that game.

10. Major

Major Guest

I remember being kicked for being "too good" many times, heh.

11. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Mhmm.. I started getting banned from some servers in CoD2, and I've been kicked a few times in CoD4, it's getting really annoying

12. Muffins17

I've rarely been kicked in COD4, most of the servers i play on never seem to have any admin around anyway.

13. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

I used to play 1.6 at a local LAN cafe here in town and when I would play against some of the people who weren't regulars and completely wipe the floor with them they would go complain to the owner that I was cheating. The owner was a friend's Dad and I remember one time he told this 14 year old who was throwing up quite the bitch fit: "It's not his fault you aren't good. Play more and get better instead of complaining because someone who knows how to play is beating the crap out of you." I was laughing so hard when he said that :lol:

Ah the good 'ol days. I can't play 1.6 any more because I've been kicked from too many servers for actually knowing how to play. Valve gave me a perma-ban that they will not lift. Oh well, I do just as well in Source now anyways :p

14. Muffins17

Ouch, perma-ban. That's harsh, surely they must of had some evidence for taht, not just being good.

15. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

16. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I think I've been called twice a hacker on CoD4. It's just funny, don't take it so seriously unless you get kicked or something. Unfortunately finnish servers seem to have the worst lamers of all. I've played CoD4 on non-finnish servers as it's more pleasant when the chat is not as full of 12 year old idiots whining.

However sometimes it gets to me as well. Not because someone is better than me, but... Well have a look at the picture.

(the other version that ran through my mind while being pissed off by getting airstriked and choppered all the time was "Incompetent teammates - why do I always get teamed with them.)

17. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

its an honour to be called a hacker because you do so good.

many times in socom i was accused of cheating.

tonight i was playing COD4 on me ps3 and just owning. i think out of 5 games i had top score 4 times. i had huge kill streaks and stuff. and at shipment i was like 121-48 and after the game they were like "next time we're voting that map" lol i think they said i was cheating. i dunno. some days you just own then other you get owned.

18. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

Like the previous posters, relish in the glory of it. I used to play Renegade alot, was getting quite good, I'd always have myself a good chuckle when I was accused of cheating.

19. AFG34

AFG34 What's a Dremel?

join leagues and play competitive.....

20. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

Pretty sure most rounds of BF2 I play nowadays I get called a hacker.

Just learn to deal with being pro imo. :p

Tags: