1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard Drive issue

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by section8, 29 Dec 2007.

1. section8

section8 What's a Dremel?

Hello there, I would like very much to be able to watch whatever I have on my external hard drive on my new hd tele... would i have to go through some sort of cable converter or should i be able to plug it straight into a usb port on the tele itself?

thanks

Scott B

2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

You have to have the hard drive plugged into a computer and then the TV connected to one of the monitor ports on the graphics card

3. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

your tv has usb ports?

4. OleJ

OleJ Me!

To enable people to help you please state manufacturer and model of your TV. :)
    But from what I can gather on some of these TV sets with USB input some are able to play MP3 files and show jpg images (Philips LCD TV 42 PFL 9632D 1080P).

If you want to connect your external HDD with all your Divx and HD stuff of your family's vacation videos you need a TV set that can play these files from the USB disk. I've not yet heard of one that will play anything HD and since you don't mention make and model there's not more to say.

Besides you should specify what types of files you want to play off of your usb disk.

Last edited: 30 Dec 2007