1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Thermalright vs Zerotherm: Cooler Faceoff

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 4 Jan 2008.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Dunno mate I just have a box full - I know there's some 800/900s in there but there's very little audible difference but better cooling by the "1300/1400" I was using. 1400 was just what the RPM-meter told me.

hdfreedom - I saw them and tried pinching but nothing would move. I looked for screws but there were none and I didn't take a pair of plyers too it because I didn't want to break it. Good to know though! It's still a recommended HsF regardless :):) I would personally probably get the Zerotherm because of the price and I'm never needing "ultimate" performance.

2. salesman

salesman Minimodder

My freezer 64 pro came with the bottom fins bent to direct some air towards the voltage converters

3. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Fingerprints :nono:

4. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Oh my god the editors have fingers! Seriously try sometime take product images of a shiny object and you wish you either had used gloves or atleast had no prints on your fingers. It's a total PITA and then manufacturers come up with very shiny things such as chrome platings and black plastic and whatnot.. Just to make our life harder! Damnit. [/RANT]

I'd still pick Scythe Ninja as I'm more after silence than pure performance.

5. Major

Major Guest

Not suprising tbh, Thermalright tis the best. ;)

6. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

They'd be even better if the bolt-through kits didn't allow the heatsink slide around on top of the processor.

7. sheninat0r

sheninat0r What's a Dremel?

A box full of Noctuas? Wanna send me some :D too bad I live in America :(

And here are the pics of the two fans - the first one has low low static pressure and sucks at blowing through fins and radiators and such, and the second one has the new design which is optimized for HSF and watercooling use.

Older, lower-pressure, not-for-heatsinks fan

New, high static pressure designed for heatsinks

Sorry if I seem obsessed, I like knowing what happens in reviews... and I'm something of a Noctua fanboy :)

8. Major

Major Guest

Yup, that's the only problem, but it doesn't move at all, only if you move it. ;)

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Older one.

Tags: Add Tags