1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Frontlines fuel of war freezes/locks up

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Steve-0, 1 Mar 2008.

1. Steve-0

Steve-0 What's a Dremel?

also posted on gamespots site
    then searched the community forum for kaos studios
    after the 1.0.1 patch, and the hotfix patch, i still get pauses, then complete pc lockups
    i changed the quality from very high to high, with looowww mesh detail, and from 1280x1024 to 1024x768
    still same prob, someone said its happening alot to both 8800 cards, and Vista os's.
    a person got it to work flawlessly on his xp pro...
    if anyone has this game. for pc. please tell me whats up
    i'd thought this would be the fist place to check out. since everyone here (besides me...)
    is pretty smart :)

2. iwog

iwog Linux cursed

You actually bought this game? Has it gotten any better since the beta other than the crashing.

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i had this problem. searched and found a thread in Gamespot, saying for 8800 series cards, you are required to turn off Foliage.

i turned it off and the game is working perfectly fine for me. (except Maximize FPS (fancy world for Vsync) doesn't really work for me, still seeing tearing)
    spec in sig, Vista 64bit SP1.

4. Steve-0

Steve-0 What's a Dremel?

Thanks that worked!
    im wondering if that foliage option has something to do with speedtree.

can't render high reso trees or something?

well anywho, they better come out with a real good patch soon for that
    i'd like to see what foliage looks like on max.

5. llah66

llah66 What's a Dremel?

same with me got new rig today and disapointed with the freeze which doesnt help wen i gave my old system to my son and evry thing works great lol
    qx 9650 extreme,samsung 400gb h/d evga 780imb. geforce 8800gts 512mb , x-fi xtreme gamer fatality pro, tagen 800 watt psu running on vista 64bit premium:wallbash:

6. llah66

llah66 What's a Dremel?

yes that works tun the foilage off and no prob ....multiplayer though has good room to become a decent fps game?

7. Steve-0

Steve-0 What's a Dremel?

Multiplayer is awesome !
    the icons above your head is annoying sometimes in the game
    they do that so you know whos bad/ whos on your team.

8. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

There are still known problems with the game, even after installing the 'hotfix' patch.
    They're working on solving them, and will release another patch at a later date :idea:

9. llah66

llah66 What's a Dremel?

if the game gets the support for multiplayer and more people play it could become one of the best fps out there the maps are awsome but thats like quake war great maps but not many on the servers i just hope they do the same as bf2 has done with the small/medium/and large maps option which would make a difference

10. baronvongogo

baronvongogo What's a Dremel?

This game is terrible my worst purchase in awhile. It is by far one of the worst console ports going the server browser is a pain to deal with as you click a server then the lists reshuffles and you lose the one you wanted.

There is also no ranking system which can normally be good to get more players who enjoy achievements.
    Lack of information in the options screen I no you can create squads but were...
    Not much co ordination no idea if VOIP is used I havnt heard anyone talk tactics just everyone run for the two objectives and hope.
    Spawn camping is terrible in this game you can spawn and be head shot 3 times in a row.
    Installing this game via steam you cant even choose join game from your friends list! he`ll have to tell you the IP or server name.
    Also when the level is over it says connecting to host...a confusing message it should have a winning screen or something or maybe its a technical issue if that is the case I get it far too often.

other little issues I have:
    confusing use of destruction one object like sandbags can be destroyed yet others like a gate remain in amazing condition!
    Singleplayer was ok but trys to be COD4 but the random spawn points of enemys becomes annoying and the sniper mission is a joke, no silencer on it not stealthy at all.

Just my thoughts on a very flawed game which I do hope gets patched and improved soon.

11. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Bought it and it went up on ebay the same day. Its the last time i do an impulse buy without heading the reviews! It looked cool and i was looking for something to replace bf2142...

The graphics were extremely poor - even on my 8800GTS 512mb card and gameplay was waaaay too simplistic. It had no feel to it at all, just basic. Theres nothing good about this game - it deserves nothing higher than 5/10 at best.

Avoid.

Tags: