1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Razer Lycosa Gaming Keyboard

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 9 Apr 2008.

1. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Wetsander

Agreed. I haven't used *only* WASD since Doom. Just about every game has more keys than that.
    Also, as an aside, there needs to be a super-bright mode for daytime use. :wallbash:

But since Razor tends to learn from it's missteps, lets hope there will be a Lycosa V2! :clap:

2. identikit

identikit Minimodder

I think you can set it so the Windows key doesn't work when you're in gaming mode (sorry skimmed the article) but yeah I'd love a keyboard that did that.

3. centy

centy DFI Nutter

My existing keyboard needs wiping 2 or 3 times per gaming session, never mind per day. I don't eat at my PC and I do wash my hands thankyouverymuch :p It's just sweat that mounts up into a disgusting grime which I don't like to be touching very much.

So what sort of keys does it have?

4. sheninat0r

sheninat0r What's a Dremel?

@g3n3tiX

You can press up to 10 keys at once according to Razer

5. Drachnem

Drachnem Minimodder

Epic Fail via Razer

I have to post here because I owned this keyboard, I paid 80 Dollars on newegg for it and was dying to get my hands on it. I finaly got it and it was everything I could have wanted, slip rubber keys, etched back lighting, media controls, usb, sound etc.

However after connecting this keyboard up I started to play some games, world of warcraft to be specfic and I was trying to move my chr and it wouldn't move, so I went to type that I couldn't move and by then the monster had killed everyone and I realized the key stopped working, so I unplugged it and plugged it back in and all was well, but to my dismay this keyboard would keep losing function of driffrent keys, randomly keys would stop working, so I would have to stand up, and reconnect it 2 or more times an hour.

I contacted razer about the issue after reinstalling drivers, updating them, even windows pushed a driver for it thought the update. None of these drivers corrected my issue. So I RMA'ed the keyboard, which by the way razer expects you to pay for, so I went thought newegg, and they covered the costs. I got a new one, and it did the same thing. I tried swiching ports, computers, and OSs and nothing changed randomly keys would stop working. I found out many people have this issue with the keyboard, which is a damm shame as for not having that issue, this was an amazing keyboard.

If they corrected the issue, I would pick one up again. But it doesn't work and that makes me a sad panda.:wallbash:

6. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

[​IMG](Click for bigger)
    They pop off easy, though I wouldn't want to do that too often - I don't know how many times before tha tabs break or wear too much.

That depends on which keys though - as a lefty I remap everything to the number pad and there are certain combinations that don't work there (even though they worked on my old IBM keyboard) - nothing major but i did notice it.

Mine works great but I'm sorry to hear about your problems.

7. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I would question the 7 out of 10 for value. Is a keyboard with bad back lighting and rubberized keys worth £50?

8. Naberius

Naberius What's a Dremel?

That is one hell of a mighty fine looking keyboard, you just gotta love the razer product range.

9. identikit

identikit Minimodder

Pretty much all Razer product suffer from this problem. Intermittent faults like this lose of function are most likely caused by underpowered USB. You can't really try it now, but using a powered USB hub is the best way of connecting USB Razer products.

10. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

i was really looking forward to getting this keyboard, and then the reviews started coming out saying how dim the backlight really is. so today i went googling to see if there was a solution and found this. i think i'm going to order this keyboard when my scholarship cheque comes in and give it a shot.

11. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I don't really think that bypassing the resistors for the LEDs is a good idea. It will probably kill them after a while.

I'm thinking of getting one and just replacing the LEDs with white, brighter ones :D

12. Drachnem

Drachnem Minimodder

The back light is perfect, its just the right bright. If what they said was true get a powered usb port first thought.

13. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

14. DannyDirect

DannyDirect What's a Dremel?

I just got the Saitek Eclipse II, very good quality, was going to go for the Saitek Cyborg but I'm not into that retro look.

15. elitesky

elitesky What's a Dremel?

So it gets dirty fast, and especially with sweaty gamers? Is this keyboard water resistant? Because I think that would be really great addition to its features if it's water resistant since it can get cleaned pretty easy, like keyboards from Ergonomics Resources.Dirt on keys is a very serious problem, coz if not treated, they can attract ants to make colonies inside your precious keyboard, and you wouldn't want that.

Tags: Add Tags