1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 Battlefield Bad Company Demo

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by koola, 6 Jun 2008.

1. koola

koola Minimodder

Have been playing this all day and must say it rocks.

The single player was enjoyable and highlighted the new engine capabilities well, but the game really excels in multiplayer.

Anyone else tried it yet, if not do!

[Edit] A little bit about the new game engine

Last edited: 7 Jun 2008
  2. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Oh.. I forgot the demo for this was out. Downloading right now. Added you to friends list too koola.

3. koola

koola Minimodder

Likewise :)

Been having some fun tank battles this morning. The multiplayer aspect is very addictive.

4. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Ooh this looked promising, I'm downloading now.

5. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

Downloading now, looking at some screenies and vids, looks interesting, a change from cod 4 and gta 4 at least :)

6. will.

I'm loving the whole feel of the game. The destructable environments are great fun. I didn't even know you could blow them up so when that first tank blast took out an entire wall I was really shocked! Awesomeness!

However, the controls?! It feels so unnatural accelerating with L1 and decelerating with L2... I don't think I could ever get the hang of it especially seeing as every time I play any other driving game ever conceived R2 is go and L2 is stop. Why did they feel the need to mess with it? The other controls are a bit odd too. It's almost like they played CoD4 and thought "hmm, we can't just copy a really good control scheme, lets make one up! .... ...." Well, you failed DICE! You failed!

Apart from the controls though (I hope they make them fully customisable for the full thing) I think I could really enjoy this game.

7. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

i agree on the controls aspect, the moment i got in the whole thing felt....weird to CoD's near perfection in that aspect, but after turining the sensitivity down do maybe a 1/4 of what it was, then it was fine, multiplayers amazing, can't wait for the proper release

i would probably be still playing now if it hadn't frozen on me :waah:

8. koola

koola Minimodder

Yeah, the feeling I got when first played was "how did I ever play in non destructible environments". It adds so much more enjoyment to the game as well as realism which I'm glad Dice did and not go the TF2 route. The controls were weird to begin with but I'm used to them now.

Hopefully customisable controls will be in the final release and I can set them as per COD4.

9. BlueTrin

BlueTrin What's a Dremel?

I wish I could use a mouse ! Aside from that, I like the game even if in the pure BF tradition, it seems that some classes will be underused and the game encourages you to camp for vehicles, spawnkill, abuse explosives ... etc

10. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

i played the single player in the demo and it was really fun to me. i'll have to try the multiplayer yet. i dunno if it is gonna be a game that i would buy tho.

11. Daniel114

Daniel114 What's a Dremel?

Agreed about controllers, with the R1/R2 driving and I find the aiming hard, although maybe I'm just useless with joypads. Only played the single player so far though and its nice and noisey

12. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

X and Square are also used for gas and brake. that is good for me.

13. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I downloaded the 360 and ps3 demo but been playing more of the PS3 version because xbox live was so laggy and impossible to play.

However I got to say it looks better on 360 because my 360 upscales to 1080p when compared to my PS3 which displays it as 1280 x 720 and no matter what setting I change I cant get it to Upscale.

Overall the game is great and reminds me of my PC days on BF2. I love blowing holes in buildings but the environment is completley destructable as there are still invunrable crates etc.

14. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

multi player isnt destructable is it?

15. koola

koola Minimodder

It is destructible just as single player.

16. BigD79

BigD79 Gadding about...

was on mp for hours last saturday and was loving it, i've been looking for a large scale mp with vehicles (to play as a contrast to COD4) and this looks like it will fit the bill. i agree with the clumsy controls for the vehicles. i like the unlockables, JDAM and mortar support are cool. The destructable-ness is a great feature, the buildings degrade just enough to still provide cover as well as more entry points, and the arty is fun to use!

Think i may be pre-ordering (from Play.com for the unlockable).

17. will.

Try aiming a turret at the same time :p

18. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

To be fair, and i know i'm going to be flamed for this, but i thought it was dreadful, i'm not interested in the MP aspect, so i didn't even bother looking, but i felt that it was lacking something.

Sam

19. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

oh, I havent driven a vehicle with turret yet. :)

20. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

the single player was pretty weak in comparison to the MP, but if thats not your cuppa' tea, then there are always more games :D
    anyway, off to play it some more!