1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows PC Games

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BlueOcean, 13 Jun 2008.

1. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

i don't think gears or mass effect are fps, but they're still great games that everyone should play ;)

2. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

CoD4. The single player is fun but too short, the multiplayer is epic.
    Crysis is good, but I have a really annoying playing style which spoilt it a bit for me. Still enjoyable though.

3. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

Battlefield 2 over 2142

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Does it have any drive cages which hang over a full-size ATX mobo? If not, it'll fit without worry. :)

5. tacticus

tacticus What's a Dremel?

I actually thought that Gears of war was a rather underwhelming game
    with a horrible ui horrible requirement for gfwl
    and a rather sucky gameplay

6. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I really enjoyed GoW's co-op but the multiplayer blows, problem is, as soon as your enemies aren't controlled by AI, they'll just run straight at you with shotguns and the cover mechanic becomes useless.

CoD4 has a both good and bad single player, if it weren't for the re-spawning enemies it would be really fun, it's also a bit short, but the multiplayer is great.

I like BF2142, good multiplayer game, but not played it in a long time, prefer it over BF2.

Crysis, meh, it's pretty, that's about it.

7. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

I'm afraid you are wrong CK :D
    The CoolerMaster Centurion CM590 is a completely different case to the CoolerMaster Centurion 5 ;)

I shouldn't think fitting an 8800GT would be a problem. It's the older 8800GTX's which you'd have to be careful of.

As for games... Painkiller and its expansion packs are quite cheap, and good fun... as are the Serious Sam games (they're mental, actually!!) ;)

8. BlueOcean

BlueOcean What's a Dremel?

I don't have CM 590 big case. I just have CoolerMaster Centurion 5 case. I guess 8800GT graphic card should fit inside the case. Have no problems?: confused:

http://www.coolermaster.com/products/product.php?language=en&act=detail&tbcate=17&id=21

9. BlueOcean

If 8800 GT graphic card fitting inside Coolermaster centurion 5 cae , that be awsome?

10. danmec

danmec What's a Dremel?

Good shout with the Serious Sam games too - not the best graphics compared to others but so much fun and carnage!

11. BlueOcean

I am not a big fan of Serious sam games. The serious sam graphics very nice . not bad at all. .:rock::rock:

12. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

out of those games, i have sold both cod4 and crysis. Gears Of War is awesome and the only game i still play. Its £15 at play.com - you cannot go wrong at that price, amazing game.

Its a shooter but adds a whole new element with the duck n cover system which is really good fun. If you have an xbox live account you can enter ranked matches online. You can also play with a buddy over the internet for free using a silver account which is free to make.

Gears of war is definately the best pick of the bunch for me personally - the storyline and action in single player is second to none. Multiplayer is tons of fun too and addictive.

Cod4 i found very boring and limited in appeal.
    crysis i finished and sold off straight away, the online aspect sucked so bad it was unreal.

Thats not true at all! Iv been playing GOW allot and iv become a good player - not amazing but I always give everyone a run for their money.
    You cannot simply sit back while someone is running at you with a shotgun, why are you not firing at them with your lancer? better yet get an active reload with it and it will drop them in seconds!
    Everytime someone switches to a shotgun you lancer the hell out them when they run at you, as they get close you switch over and dive away and then pump them full of lead with your shotgun and they drop.

I have set my scroll wheel mouse button as the Cover button so holding it makes my charector run, tapping it makes him dive and when near a wall he ducks for cover too - This gives great reaction time i find and has helped me tons. Anyone with a shotgun is vulnerable from distance but you have to make it count, you cannot sit back.

Last edited: 16 Jun 2008
  13. Akava

Akava Lurking...

I would say out of your choices Call of Duty 4 is your best bet, very good game, excellent multiplayer.

Crysis is very good in many ways too... but not if you can't use a sniper rifle and get head shots 98% of the time which is, unfortunatly, often about the best thing about it.

Last edited: 17 Jun 2008
  14. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

if cost is a issue then orange box would be a good choice and keep you going for a while

15. Chokwok

Chokwok What's a Dremel?

not tried ut3, but I enjoyed Crysis :/

16. p3ri0d

p3ri0d What's a Dremel?

The best price/quality ration out there is really the Orange Box with enough games in there to keep you going till you have enough money to get a new house lol :p (a lil exaggeration there, no?)

17. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I play counterstrike source, call of duty 4, and team fortress 2. The funnest, and fairly simplest would be team fortress 2, but i can't play it without friends. Call of duty 4 is great because it's also simple and easy to get into, while counterstrike is probably the most difficult and will frustrate and piss you off the most. Battlefield 2 was also fun, i enjoyed suicide jet runs... I would say get call of duty 4 or team fortress 2 as you can jump in and they are fairly quick paced so you dont need to spend 5 minutes just to find and kill 1 person.

Tags: