1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shocked at UK public...

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Major, 16 Jun 2008.

1. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Those little ***** who think it's funny to do that for real and record it on their phones so that they can be famous on youtube for all of one internet day.

2. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

So they're meant to see this and think "hey, maybe it's not cool to violently attack people" ?

If they're of that mindset, I don't think an advert can sway them.

3. Dave Penguin

Dave Penguin O hai.

I personally think it's doing a bit of good in other means.

The more I see those ridiculous "happy slap" videos all over the news / internet, the more it makes my blood boil. As a result, I've actively found myself looking for things like this going on, if only to give the morons a taste of their own medicine. I don't think I'm the only one either who has been feeling progressively worse and worse about the "Pikey / Chav" situation in the UK at the moment, and wanting to do something about it.

But then... going out there and taking the law into your own hands is dangerous and in most cases illegal, so I in no way condone it. Noo. Dum de dum.

4. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Yep, and the irony is that if you did do something, ie, subduing a violent teenager, you'll probably be the one jailed and labelled a kiddie fiddler or something ridiculous.

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

To everybody:

"No man is an island, entire of itself...any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee." --John Donne

6. seebul

seebul Minimodder

I dont really get what this advert is trying to do? "Disabled people are four times more likely to be assaulted" And?? What are we supposed to do with this information?!

7. kempez

kempez modding again!

Maybe just 'care'?

8. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Look out for people?

9. Major

Major Guest

Do something which 95% of the UK population don't do.

Stick up for one another, if a stranger is getting assulted for no reason, go and knock the other **** out, simple as.

10. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

That's just asking for trouble my friend. With the current laws, I won't be surprised if you get done for assault too. Alternatively, you might get a knife in the stomach. Best to avoid.

11. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

:D

Sometimes Houston can be a great town!

-monkey

12. Nexxo

Basically. I would not necessarily advocate getting into a fight with the assailant, but he is more likely to stop if a bunch of passers by object to his actions.

Disabled people are targetted because they are vulnerable. But there is protection in belonging.

13. Major

Major Guest

Sorry but if I saw someone getting attacked for no reason at all i.e. getting mugged, because they are black, I wouldn't think twice about stepping in. It's different if it's mates having an arguement, or partners having an arguement. At the end of the day, if I get done for assult, then at least I feel good, and I know that the Judge is a ****. Laws have changed a lot I think, and if you helped someone or acted in self defence, nothing will happen.

Dragon, no disrespect, but what you have just said is exactly what most people in the UK do, ignore and walk away.

14. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

As much as I want to help out, I'm not getting stabbed or serving a prison sentence for a stranger. Call me a wuss or whatever, but as the law currently stands, I ain't gonna risk it.

15. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Agreed, my life is more precious that anyone elses (to me). I'm not risking it.

16. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

17. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

you really have got to be a stupid ***** to attack a disabled person. i might just get a wheel chair and surprise such a person by beating them to a pulp!

18. seebul

seebul Minimodder

I dont agree with this at all, how can you expect the public to get involved in something with a person they don't even know, with the risk of getting hurt themselves? I think its slightly different if it is one on one, i.e. one person is just attacking/mugging someone else, but if there's a group of people committing the crime and you get involved then your just going to get beaten up aswell.

Its very easy to say that you would do something if you saw this happening Major but when it actually comes to it...

And whats this thing about the UK population? Why are we any different to any other nations?

19. Nexxo

I admire your courage, but keep in mind that in my brain injury job I have treated several people who stepped into a fight. I also know of a few who died (didn't see the knife). I agree that you have to do something, but don't run into a blade.

20. EmJay

EmJay What's a Dremel?

Surely you can yell. Or pull out your cell phone and call 911 (or your local equivalent). There are more options than risking your life or ignoring the situation.