1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kid takes her dad to court

Discussion in 'General' started by chrisb2e9, 19 Jun 2008.

1. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I blame the mother!

2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Blame Canadaaaa!

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Mother was the person most proximal to an appropriate solution, so yes, she could be blamed for not taking it.

What she should have done is pick up the phone, talk to dad about why he grounded her and back him up on this occasion, even if the doesn't agree with him. Unity of parents towards the child is more important at this stage. Then parents can start negotiating how to handle further instances of transgression in a way that they both agree with.

Mom backing up dad on this occasion would open up a possibility that dad would be more inclined to make compromises with mum on the future management of their daughter (the "tit for tat" game theory approach still works best).

Last edited: 19 Jun 2008
  4. Major

Major Guest

Nexxo stop saying Mom, it's bloody Mum. :)

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Aw, moooooom!!! :p

6. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I dont agree.
    I do agree.

7. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

"According to court documents, the girl's Internet transgression was just the latest in a string of broken house rules. Even so, Justice Suzanne Tessier found her punishment too severe." Article

Sounds to me like the judge is an idiot. Not only should the father appeal (which he is doing) but he should also sue the judge for such a stupid ruling costing extra time and lawyer fees. Frankly the whole case makes me loose faith in our legal system (though as the one article notes: "the Gatineau case may be unique to Quebec because of its civil code"). :wallbash:

8. Squadexodus

Squadexodus I got my cookie. What about you?

Jesus, I get grounded just for the hell of it. What right does she have to be ungrounded. Hell, if i were here dad, i would ground her another month for that little stunt... (My children are screwed)

9. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

The father should now sue the ex-wife for child-support. Because as soon as he refuses to take the child back, the child will go to the mother, and he'll have to pay for the next six years or more.

10. chrisb2e9

we could just put all three of them in a room and make them fight to the death.
    *cue star trek music*

11. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

:hehe: :lol: I'm hearing that music now.

12. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

You're all lucky, my punishments were to go outside.

13. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Everyone in that family should be sterilized for the greater good of humans.

14. chrisb2e9

I had to goto my room a few times. but thats it. I didn't behave, I just didn't get caught.

15. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Stupid people should not be allowed to breed. Something like IQ testing from a young age, and if your results over the years show nothing but complete stupidity, then becoming an adult will mean being castrated. This would also slow down the world population rate of increase quite well.

16. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

<shakes head>

Just a suggestion to those bit-techers in Canada: See if you can find the girl's name so you can avoid dating this gem in the future.

17. chrisb2e9

Not to worry, I have a feeling that she is too young for me.

18. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Definitely! :eeek: She'd be taking as many sugar daddy's as she can to the cleaners after the first year :grr:

edit: just saw your post chris, beware, she'll be chasing you when you're old and rich.

19. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

What a dumb story. She deserved to be grounded, she violated the rules and got caught, she gets punished, end of story. This child is going to be messed up now and in the future from stuff like this. I got different punishments from each of my parents(divorced in case you didn't infer that) and never did one say that the other's was unfair and try to stop it, they each had control of my punishments when it was their turn, and I think that is how things should be.

20. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

the girl is screwed up its quite blatantly a fact that shes suffering from a lack of cheesecake in her diet thus leading to cheesecake deficiency