1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call of Duty 5: World at War

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by samkiller42, 25 Jun 2008.

?

who should be making CoD in general?

1. Treyarch

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Infinity Ward

49 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Ok, ok, the Debut trailer has been available on xBox live and other respectable locations, so, what are your feelings regarding this?

One thing that i noticed, at the end, is it's not an Infinaty Ward title which instantly had my head bow in shame, was it the same for the rest of you?

This poll, if i can add it, will be about who should be making CoD in general.

A: Infinity Ward
    B: Treyarch

Cheers
    Sam

Edit: Cheers to bindi for adding the poll for me.
    If you havn't seen the trailer, i have it here:

Last edited: 25 Jun 2008
  2. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

3. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

+1

4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

WWII? ... :(

5. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I'm hoping that since it'll be on the COD4 engine it'll improve significantly over COD3.

That and COD3 was developed in 9 months and by the looks of it COD5 has had that much time spent on it already

6. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

meh +2

already been in world war 2 so many times. granted the pacific war wasnt covered quite as much but still...meh. as yahtzee said, the war in gaming terms has actually gone on longer than the war itself.

7. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

I've only tried CoD when its been done by Infinity Ward and since they were mostly composed of members of the team that created the original Medal of Honour its no wonder their games were really good. CoD was fantastic and further MoH titles dropped in quality (couldn't stand Pacific Assault, haven't tried Airborne) because of it.

I don't have any experience of CoD3 on the consoles so I can't comment on Treyarch as developers but I did hear it was okay but not great so I'll wait until the reviews come out before I buy it. If it was an Infinity Ward game I'd probably buy it anyway.

8. keef247

keef247 Modder

pathetic... so much for the future. plus if it's not done by IW then screw it tbh

9. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

I'm not voting, my personal opinion is that the whole CoD series are arcade shooters.

I'll agree that WWII in games has been wrung dry in recent years and that perhaps it's time to look to other theatres and times periods. Vietnam is an obvious one, but what about Korea or even the Crimea. The latter would be fantastically difficult to pull off, but interesting to see.

10. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

This one looks pretty good for a Treyarch CoD. Very cinematic looking.

11. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Valve.

12. wongy2803

wongy2803 What's a Dremel?

Infinity Ward make better COD games in my opinion, but i was hoping that COD 5 would have kept the modern feel of COD 4 I think WW2 may be a step in the wrong direction. But who knows might be OK.

13. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say that it looks pretty decent.

Alright, it's WWII, but it's in a theatre which hasn't really been done (or at least not done well), and at least the engine behind it is already sound.

Another bonus is that, by the look of it, they've gone down a similar route of no-holds-barred war, leaving nothing to the imagination, and really giving it some grit.

Apparently it was in development for a year before CoD4 was out, so it's had some good dev time already, unlike #3.

p.s. Don't bother with Airbourne. Last MoH I'll play tbh.

14. benjamyn

benjamyn What's a Dremel?

CoD3 had 8-10 months apparently for development time. CoD5 has a 2 year development slot meaning we may get a significantly better game this time. However I still think anything by IW is going to be better.

15. knuck

knuck Hate your face

meh ... cinematics like those tell me nothing about the gameplay. I don't want to WATCH a game, I want to PLAY it

16. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

CoD by Infinity Ward: PC goodness
    CoD by the other developer: console crapness.

so let's hope the other developer don't mess this one up, im sure looking forward to another great CoD experience on my PC

17. BlueOcean

BlueOcean What's a Dremel?

they are plane to made new Call of Duty 5: World at War for xbox 360 ?. How about pc game and Playstation 3?

18. imkeller

imkeller What's a Dremel?

Is cod coming out on Wii? If it does I am sure it will cripple the other system's versions.

19. BlueOcean

BlueOcean What's a Dremel?

Coming out on the will would interest?. I am not sure how good that cod. Wait and see :idea:

20. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

It'll be released on all systems, the same as COD4

Why on Earth would it cripple the other systems versions? It's been well known that it's running on the COD4 engine, which runs perfectly on PC, 360 and PS3 and there is a version of it which runs on the Wii.