1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Red Screen of Death

Discussion in 'Software' started by judgedeath, 4 Aug 2008.

1. judgedeath

judgedeath What's a Dremel?

So here we are:

I got it, its not supposed to exist.. The Red Screen Of Death

[​IMG]

Dump code was 00000109..

Was playing Hellgate London X64 DX10 and Boom!

here is my system specs

Athlon 6400+ X2 Dual Core Processor 3.2ghz
    2 x Ati Radeon 3870 512mb Crossfire
    8gb DDR2 800mhz Ram
    MSI K9A2N Platinum Motherboard
    1 x 150gb WD Raptor
    2 x 500gb Seagate SATA hard Drives
    1 x DVD Dual Layer LG Lightscrbe Writer
    Ati 650 Theater Pro TV card
    Genuine Windows Vista x64 Ultimate SP1 Operating System
    Ultra 750 w Power Supply:clap:

Any thoughts and responses.. I have checked everything, Drives, OS, Ram, ran sfc /scannow chkdsk on all drives, memory tests.. nothing.. I have seen around 6 of these but that was the only one I managed to get a shot of.

2. MixWizard

MixWizard Minimodder

according to Wiki a RSoD is for when you have boot errors of some form, which is wierd considering you got it during hellgate.

Are you able to recreate the error or was it a one time thing??

3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

have you checked the even viewer to see what might have caused the crash ? It's the first thing anyone should do as sometimes it tells you precious information about what went wrong

4. judgedeath

RSOD

I have seen it around 5-6 times now.. none during boot. I have done my research, I work in IT as a VOD systems Engineer and am very familiar with the event viewer, and there is nothing weird.. I have checked all sorts of places for clues, and cannot find anything.,. I think I still have the dump file from the initial red screen I will try to locate it and post the entries here..

Its a strange one, it never happens on boot always during machine operation.

5. Neoki

Neoki Minimodder

The devil has come out of the game :p

6. MixWizard

MixWizard Minimodder

Are there specific things you have to do to get the error though, or is it random each time. For instance does it only occur when playing in DX10

7. judgedeath

RSOD

It is completely random, and it has been intermittent. Im not seeing it daily only once a week maybe. There is no pattern, it has done it in DX10 for hellgate and Crysis, but also just on the desktop. I thought it was a video problem that may have trigged it as there was Video Tear then BOOM! RSOD.. I am trying to replicate it again, but to no avail..

I will post more one what happens and will continue to try to replicate the issue. I am confused as i thought this was rare, and normally for boot loader issues if at all. I do have ubuntu 8.04 on dual boot with the grub loader, but that shouldnt cause this?

8. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

doood that red screen is evil and so scary. I'd brick it if i saw that. is that, like, the final boss when you beat the bsod?

sorry, couldn't help it!

anyways, you got a lot of ram sticks there and extra bits. tried removing any of the excess hardware?

9. MixWizard

MixWizard Minimodder

As sotu1 said, id remove as much excess hardware you have, that mainly being the RAM, go down to one stick. also id reseat your GFX card.

The grub loader wont be the issue otherwise it would do it during boot and not on the desktop

Tags: