I'm 20 but alcohol induced memory loss is becoming frequent!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Mighty Yoshimi, 7 Aug 2008.

1. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

quit drinking!

I've been sober for 18 years. its easy! ;)

2. Glider

Glider /dev/null

Binge drinking == Darwin, hard at work...

3. gar

gar Minimodder

I would say ditch anyone who puts pressure on you to drink. If you feel the worse for doing it and don't want to, then find a group who will accept people who don't regularly get drunk. If you do want to do it then there's not allot can stop your freewill in the UK.

4. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

i think the OP has gotten depressed by all our comments and left to have a pint lol

5. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Agreed, or in fact the memory loss has become so bad he forgot he even posted here!

6. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

meh, you can drink and still remain sober. why is it often a choice between two extremes?

7. Tim S

Tim S OG

listen to what your body is telling you before your body starts shouting... I had similar problems in the past and my solution was just to drink less and less frequently. I still have the occasional crazy night where I do stupid things and don't remember doing them, but that's maybe once every 2-3 months.

8. RTT

RTT #parp

[​IMG]

mmm beer

9. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

Been Drinking yourself, RTT?

As for the OP, too much alcohol can make you a mess.

When I was working in Holland, the rest of the team and I had nothing else to do after work but sit in the hotel bar. We used to get through 10-15pints a night, every night. We did this for 18 months. Towards the end, I used to come home for my monthly weekend home, and could not sleep unless I'd drunk half a crate of lager. I used to shake incessantly, and put on about 4 stone in weight.

After that Job, I worked on the London underground, where random urine testing is commonplace (no drugs or alcohol allowed in your system, with a zero tolerance policy) So I pretty much stopped drinking. Friday night was the only night we could have a drink -saturday night drinking would have shown up on the tests, but I didn't take it to the extremes.

Now (not on the underground any longer), I can get happily merry on 5-6 pints, and that's where I call my limit, and just stop - I switch to soft drinks or water.

When we go out and I'm driving, however, I try and stick to squash/fruit juice, because I find that the sugar rush from drinking coke and lemonade all evening is nearly as bad as a few beers.

Have fun, just take it easy, and don't do it every night.

10. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

true that. it's nice to get absolutley mullered now and again, but i don't like to do it too often. i'd say i like to go out, get "nicely drunk" and be able to remember what i laugh i had the day after. instead of being covered in sick and feeling like ass.

11. ShredMachine

ShredMachine What's a Dremel?

The first two are my experience. The third is equal parts my best friends dad, one of my ex-friends dads, and the father of my ex girlfriend. Also, I'm not vastly familiar with who Ronnie Wood actually IS.

----------------
    Now playing: Radiohead - Gagging Order
    via FoxyTunes

12. Darkraven

Darkraven What's a Dremel?

Interesting thread. Sad part of having a drinking problem is usely the one that has it is the last one to know. Denial is a wonderfull gift. I had a host of drinking mates when I was young, (yea, past tense-dammit) but I thought about it one day and the only time I heard from them was when they wanted something. Like can you help me move or can I borrow your truck. Don't ever recall hearing, " no, I didn't want anything, I just wanted to see how you were. Hope others have better taste in mates. Mine was to run with folks that drank like I did.
    Have a guy at work that drinks so heavy that most of the time he is blood red. At the point his liver could shut down anytime, no telling how inlarged it is. His reply, " doesn't hurt yet". Buried quite a few over the years with just the same thinking.
    Party hearty and enjoy life, my hats off to you. Just hope you don't kill yourself or others in the trip.

13. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

This thread reminds me of something I was thinking of the other day: why can't more bars and pubs offer cheaper prices on non-alcoholic drinks?
    I know they have to make money, but there should be some benefits to being the designated driver/not drinking.

14. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

You sound like you're just joking.

I'm 20 as well. I've lost quite a bit more to alcohol than my memory of the night before. I started drinking on a regular basis since 7th grade (roughly 12?). Nowadays I'm off the bottle for good, with a lesson harshly learned. You should do the same and act responsible enough to deserve having that bottle in hand. Your friends holding you back? F*ck them.

15. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

what i mean is I havent had a drink in 18 years (my whole life) :thumb:

16. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

George Best, mean anything. To the idea that high volumes of alcohol entering the human body dose nothing....

wait until you start getting the shakes, because your body has become depenate on alcohol then you'll know your screwed. A friend at uni came into the workshop one morning and was using a bandsaw, then started getting the shakes and took the tips off three fingers just skin. But it was the potential of the accident that could have occured scared the **** out of him.

Since then he now drinks safe amounts, and when i mean safe i mean a few drinks so your legless and smiling, and not at the bottom of a vodka bottle, looking for another.

PS, 'George Best' was a *******, he was given a second chance with the liver transplant and ****ed it up! I cant help think how many people could have needed that liver, and he got it as he was a dam celeb!

I use to drink heavy, i could polish off a bottle of single malt in an evening and regret it the following day. But as soon as i got my driving license it all changed as i wanted to drive around rather than sitting around in a smoke filled pub. Now my drinking list is, bud, cider and RON 98!

17. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

I say screw it, the damage is done. Keep drinking.

18. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

lol Badders .. class

19. kennethsross

kennethsross What's a Dremel?

20. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

put the bit after v= in youtube tags