1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4850 TOXIC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 19 Aug 2008.

1. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Toms hardware do the kind of shoddy results you are looking for, try there :)

2. misterd

misterd dremel eater

Minor detail - but this card isn't a Sapphire Radeon HD 3870 as mentioned at the bottom of Page 1. Otherwise nice review. Might pick one up for HTPC

3. Darkraven

Darkraven What's a Dremel?

I'm waiting to see the temps and price on the HIS 4850 IceQ 4 Turbo. When is Bit-tech going to get their hot little hands on one or two of these?

4. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Any chance of Bit-Tech getting to review one of the new Force3D Black Edition 4850/4870 models? I'm really hooked on one of these, since they use the excellent AC Accelero Twin Turbo cooler.

Nice cooling results on the Sapphire Toxic by the way. Just a shame it's so fugly... :)

5. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

The core is very suggestible after a volt mod, much more than the memory. I'm running 825 MHz rock solid stable.

6. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

Want one, but won't be allowed. Boo.

7. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

they imposed trading sanctions on essex again?:lol:

8. Nature

Nature Minimodder

In the 4th graph on the crysis page you had the Toxic listed lower than the 900gtx+ even though the average frame rate was both 26.9 the toxic's minimum was one frame higher. Why did you list it lower when it recorded a better result...??

9. jazzzyj

jazzzyj Minimodder

How does this card compare to, say, this one: Sapphire HD 4850 512MB GDDR3 Dual DVI Dual slot cooler HDTV Out PCI-E Graphics Card (linky: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/148468 )
    Its from Sapphire but doesn't have the toxic name to it?

10. jazzzyj

jazzzyj Minimodder

I mean apart from the overclock?
    If you can push the toxic that far this one should get close right? and it does have a different to stock cooler.

11. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

I would thing you should be able to push the core quite far on that card, though i think the volatge the 4850 gets will limit the overall overclock the most. dose the 4850 have any voltage adjustment options?

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

No, no graphics cards do afaik - you have to manually volt mod them.

That Sapphire card:
    The layout does look different, but it doesn't come with memory heatsinks. I've no idea how it compares in the overclock.

13. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Oooo I haven't used ATI Tool since 9800 Pro :blush: I thought you meant in CCC or on the card (dip switches).

15. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

You can adjust the voltage on the 4800 series cards up to 1.200 volts, after that it's hardware only I'm afriad.
    1.200 volts isn't much higher than default and won't really make any difference.

16. blackshacko

blackshacko What's a Dremel?

I'm rather taken with this card and since in need to replace my creaky 7600gt have put it top of my possibles list.
    My question is this would the standard card come up with the same results after fitting the zalman? and can the toxic be de-tuned back to stock? My reasoning is this, the price is right for me and at some future date when the price drops right down I will get a second 4850 and go xfire. By that time the toxic may or may not be available.

Tags: Add Tags