1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News MS and Sony: Exclusives aren't important

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 3 Sep 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I'm sure they hold some importance, I know for me the only reason I bought my Xbox/Xbox360 was PGR as I was an MSR fan and I couldn't get these on other platforms though I suppose I bought buggerall else bar Forza for these platforms really so not their ideal consumer.

3. hodgy100

hodgy100 Minimodder

where did they get that from :/ i got my ps3 based on what games are coming out for it.

4. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Ok... so.. eh.. when does RE5 comes to the PC then?

5. biebiep

biebiep What's a Dremel?

Rofl

After the announcement from Epic Megagames that Gears of War 2 is a Xbox360 only title, they come up with this... ludicrous!

6. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

So, are they gunna share Halo then? Didn't think so.

7. Sebbo

Sebbo What's a Dremel?

i don't think its so much that exclusive games aren't playing a large part, but more that people are now owning multiple consoles. myself and many of my friends game on at least 2 platforms, and a few even have all 4 (PC, 360, PS3 and Wii), whereas if you go back a few years many people only owned one console

8. Narishma

Narishma What's a Dremel?

biebiep: Gears of War 2 won't sell new Xbox360s. Those who are interested in the game already have one.

9. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

im interested in the game, and i only have it on PC.

they are just selling it to make the public think MS or Sony aren't paying big moneys for exclusive, but in actual fact, every exclusive they have to pay for is probably worth just as much as selling for multi-platform.

10. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

How about Halo 2+3 for the PC then? Or even better - Conquer Live & Reloaded.

11. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

ok so the important question is: if exclusives aren't the key factor to deciding which console to buy (and imo they are) then what is?

currently i can only think of a few factors:
    Blu ray compatability
    RROD avoidance
    how much you like to waggle a stick

12. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

money?

I know a lot of people that went for the 360 due to the PS3 costing too much ...

Overall game list?

Most games on the PS3 are rubbish

13. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

How about how much the console costs. How long the console will be supported (content/firmware-wise). Is there support for wired or wireless peripherals? What is the cost of online play & extra peripherals. Does it support open-standards. Is there backwards compatibility? What are the quality/quantity of games? Is there an ability to browse the internet or install another OS for the use of other functions.

The list could go on.

Really. Please explain.

14. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

What they say hold "some" truth but exlusive titles are important too. I got the xbox 360 because I wasnt impressed with the ps3's lineup or the hardware as it seems some games were badly coded on it (pro evo 08 for example, yet its fine on the xbox 360)

If there is anything that drives me to get a ps3 then thats metal gear solid and that alone.

The xbox has Gears of War and Halo and everything eles is pretty much multi-platform anyways.

Exclusives are important - it just depends how good they are really, I wouldnt be surprised if Gears Of War 2 increased xbox 360 sales a fair amount as that game is going to blow people away I reckon...

15. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

I'm speechless. Someone actually pulled that old hat trick.

Very few games were coded poorly on the PS3, all of the consoles have their bad eggs like that. Look at Supreme Commander for Xbox 360.

16. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

I know that one still makes me chuckle, what were they thinking? Anyone with half a brain could have seen that it was like trying to stuff an elephant into a miata.

17. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

sounds like they're sick of paying developers so much for exclusives, and trying to drive the price down.

18. RedDethX

RedDethX What's a Dremel?

Really sad to hear that, but I don't buy it. If that was the case, both the PS3 and 360 would have the same games, and I wouldn't need to own both consoles, but it's not like that at all.

19. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

All a load a bull poop.

I bought a 360 because I liked the look of Gear's gameplay, and Resistance's gameplay did not suit me.

I bought the 360 because I love the Halo games, and MS constantly pump out games that seem catered for me, and that can only be had on the 360.

What planet are these people on?

20. roshan

roshan What's a Dremel?

That means most of the games will reach pc ultimatly.Thats good news for Pc gamers

Tags: Add Tags