1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Valve, EA will not support PS3 Team Fortress 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 25 Sep 2008.

1. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

Of course EA wouldn't provide continuing support for The Orange Box on the PS3! They did enough work to get the damn thing out the door in the first place, why would they trouble themselves further with updating it?

I feel bad for the PS3 owners who got shafted by EA, I've played all TOB on PC/360 and they really are missing out on a good deal of fun.

Yep... because comments like that really represent PC gamers as soooo much more mature than their console counterparts...

It always amazes me that every article involving gaming in the slightest attracts hordes of people saying how much better PC gaming is than console gaming. Get over yourselves guys, gamers are gamers, we're in this together.

2. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

True that. I'm strictly a PC gamer myself, but Cadillac Ferd has a good point. No gamer should be shafted just because they chose a particular console.

3. dyzophoria

dyzophoria Minimodder

agreed, too much hatred between the two sides are being seen on the forums latey

on the other hand, I think its not just EA's decision, it's Valve's, they don't have any PS3 Developers, period. what could have pissed Gabe? I think its simple, it aint that simple to develop for the PS3 Console or they experienced HELL porting the orange box to the PS3. lol

4. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

you couldn't be more wrong, one defining factor pride, we play to win, we play to have fun. "screaming 14 year old asshat fanbois" well... they play to have fun...and because they think it's 'cool' meaning it's what everyone else is into, so then we have retards running around the server with opposing team's flag so the team they are on can't score, or chain suiciding( if friendly fire isn't enabled), hording ammo and health and reserves, teamspeak/chat spamming, and just about anything they can think of to ruin anothers experience for no apparent reason. They're are us and there are them. They just tend to flock to consoles b/c of the instant gratification aspect.

5. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I think you may have missed my point. It wasn't aimed at console gamers per se, but rather at "The people who made CS huge". Maybe it wasn't always this way. but my expierience is that CS and CS:S is mostly populated by the obnoxious twits I mentioned and if they have indeed gone to consoles, then fine, I certaily don't want to deal with them.

So let me be clear, what I hate are obnoxious, foul mouthed, hyper-competitive 14 year old fanbois, regardless of what platform they game on.

Tags: Add Tags