1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 PES 2009 Demo out, tried it?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kempez, 2 Oct 2008.

1. kempez

kempez modding again!

Playing it now.

It's really good, I like it. The main gripe is with the nowmal play graphics which suck compared to Fifa. Gameplay-wise it feels much like PES's of old and THAT is never a bad thing imo

Judgement is reserved until I've got the real thing in my hands (as always), but comparing PES and Fifa demo's reminds me how much I like PES :)

Anyone else sampled it?

Ninja Edit: It's damn annoying how you have to watch a massive long demo after every game, means I have to quit and start again :wallbash:

2. BigD79

BigD79 Gadding about...

not tried it yet (i usually pick fifa), but think i'll download the demo and give it a whirl.

3. kempez

kempez modding again!

Deffo worth it. If you ignore the graphics, the gameplay really is good

4. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

I guess i'm going to have to try PES. I hated the older ones and prefered FIFA.

5. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Annoyed that I can't download it off xbox live yet as I don't have gold :(
    Anyone got a spare 24 hour code I can have? :)

6. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Will give it a try when I've got the Xbox set up on the network again. We were planning on going Fifa this time round but if PES isn't as crap as it looks in the trailers then it might have a chance.

7. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I have 2007?? I think on 360, got this one downloading on psn, Its been awhile so I might pick this one up. No point getting a footie game every year as there are no significant differences. Im hoping its got somehting over my current version.

8. Rich_13

Rich_13 What's a Dremel?

The game play is still there. Just feels like a natural progression of the series. Can't see any major improvements from the demo.

9. strjms72

strjms72 What's a Dremel?

just finished playing the demo,um... what can i say,i enjoyed it and have not found nowt wrong with it yet.

10. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

It's ok, nothing bad but nothing special. I think I might just jump over to FIFA. (coming from a long time PES fan aswell).

Just getting tired of the small updates, FIFA has done much more in the past few editions...

11. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Having tried them both now, I'll probably be getting Fifa 09 when I've got the money. Pro Evo felt more or less exactly the same as before, and there's not enough there to warrant me spending £30-40 just to get the squad updates.

12. UrbanMarine

I can't see how people like this game. It plays like a cheap arcade game.

13. superseagull

superseagull If it aint broke, fix it ;-)

can't agree with that as PES has always been the best for realistic gameplay but those graphics just aint up to it imo - i'm dissapointed with PES progress as others mention above but will prolly still buy it cos i want all the latest teams etc..

roll on PES2010 :eyebrow:

14. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Cheap arcade game??? lolz :wallbash:

15. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I don't like football games, or football, but I downloaded it because my flatmates love them. I have to say, fifa looks great, good interface etc etc and playing the game seems far more fluid than PES. More lifelike and flowing. PES' menu system was crap. They are obviously trying to be trendy. It's inconsistent too. As soon as you are in the game the interface becomes clean with gradients everywhere. The graphics are pretty poor too.

Of course, I'm never going to mention that in the pub again. Apparently PES has a slightly obsessive following.

16. UrbanMarine

PES is far from realistic. I'm sorry but players like CR, VNR, Torres, etc don't move on an 8pt axis like they do in PES. The players play like robots and nothing is fluid about them. I got SOGs(wrong footed and off balance) no matter what angle I shot and it didn't matter what player I used. PES05 on my PSP plays better than PES09. I could careless about graphics considering I play football sims and they're 2d graphics.

I'll give it another try tonight playing with every team.

@Will PES is like Halo in fan base.

Last edited: 6 Oct 2008
  17. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

You say poor gfx, though with everything on high and lots of AA and AF the fifa players look sometimes fat and almost comical in their apperance. But it's how a football games plays that should matter more than looks, and yeah I didn't like the look of PES09's new menu system but it's not different in terms of useability than last years.

The actual fluidity of PES vs Fifa, doesnt that depend on the difficulty you have the game on and your own skill, as well as where the computer chooses to run your team mates into space etc, both still annoy me by not making obvious runs at times with players milling around behind a defender not even trying to run into space. But I like both games, so I'll play both! :D

18. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Load up Fifa for me right now because I'm playing it and I don't have the ability to run every single degree in a 360 degree ring around my players, they are on an axis too, you can go and get anywhere you want with a bit of one way and abit of anyother anyway, can't you? :p

19. UrbanMarine

@LeMaltor. I do agree about player skill. I play Fifa on world class with assists off or lowest assist so I have more control of the ball on the pitch. I do hate how sometimes the rest of your team doesn't progress forward for set pieces or through balls.

Of course you can't run every single degree but PES doesn't seem as fluid when making cuts or quick one touch passes. ex. CR should be able to out maneuver a lesser player say...Luke Young.

Like I said I'll give PES09 another try and see if I improve movement wise after a few hours of cracking out on PES. Making goals so far is the easy part.

Last edited: 6 Oct 2008