1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Konami comments on Metal Gear Solid 4 for Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 Oct 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Wish they'd make it for the PC... It'll probably never ever happen tho.

3. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

Wont happen unless they do MGS4 like Tecmo did Ninja Gaiden. Give the game to different developers.

4. Deadwolf

Deadwolf What's a Dremel?

I'd be interested in selling my worthless PS3 that now only has two good exclusive games on it.. So tell me again why anyone should buy a PS3 now? It's more Expensive, all the games on it are on XBox too, hell even the Wii... whats the point?

5. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

Doubt Hideo will release on the 360.

As for the PS3, the cost isn't the problem it's the lack of titles. If you add up all the xbox addons to equal a PS3 you end up spending the same amount of money. The wireless adaptor its self is $80.

6. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Except you're wrong. Resistance 2 isn't on Xbox, Infamous isn't on Xbox, Tekken 5: Dark Ressurection isn't on Xbox, Warhawk isn't on Xbox, Uncharted...let me stop. This was obiously a joke post right?

Go back to Kotaku with that kind of misinformation Deadwolf.

7. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

Because it's a much more solid, reliable bit of kit than the 360, has better media capabilities IMO and *does* have good games -- you just happen to prefer the 360.

Don't even bring the Wii into this - the Wii is a kid/family machine. The PS3/360 are in a different league...

8. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

Would be like 3 DVDs or all the 20gb hdd Oo

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I... Couldn't care less, even if I tried really, really hard.

If it makes it to 360, IF, it will be a shoddy port at best, probably out sourced, and most likely on a stupid number of discs akin to MGS on the PsOne.

10. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Yes, but not everybody actually wants the wireless adapter.

As for MGS, never really been interested in it.

Last edited: 15 Oct 2008
  11. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

12. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I thought there was no exclusive deal, Konami were making it for the PS3 because they wanted to. At least that's what I remember them saying.

13. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

Money > All, these companies have no qualms about lying to us in order to push the game. Chances are if they announced it might be coming to 360 before the PS3 version came out it would probably hurt Son'ys sales of the ps3 and their own sales of the PS3 version. Now that it has been out for a while they can safely announce it'll prolly come to the 360.

14. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

what would they do about those "Screw You M$" parts of the game? Change them around?

Meh to all of this anyway. It wont sell that great IF it comes out on 360 anyways. Just just previous games for PS2 when they were ported to Xbox.

15. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

This is a different situation though. PS2 had a much larger install base than the xbox, but in this generation the 360 has a much bigger install base than the ps3. A lot of people have been demanding this for the 360, I think it will sell pretty well.

16. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

did bit-tech review MGS4? I've tried using your search function but it hasn't found anything

17. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

nope. didnt surprise me though. they seem to be very anti-Sony.

18. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

We didn't. Sony wouldn't send it, nobody here wanted it enough to buy it, the developer wouldn't send it and we couldn't be bothered to keep chasing it under those circumstances. It's the same reason we haven't done a LBP review, tbh.

It's not a case of being anti-sony as, if we were anti-sony then we wouldn't do any PS3 coverage at all, it's a case of why would we pay to review a game that none of us want when our reader shows that the only the tiniest of fractions of our readers actually own a PS3? If Sony won't support us enough to send us review samples then we're not exactly going to go out and buy them just to review them. Doing so puts us in a journalistic loophole anyway, changing the review from an impartial review to a 'Justify your purchase' article.

19. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

I understand that with the review, but in general, most readers can find more information from user threads under the Gaming sub-forums for PS3 than they can find under your Headlines and Industry Bulletins sections. I'm not raising any questions though, just saying. If anyone has issues with you guys it should be taken to the Feedback section.

20. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

I see. That makes sense now. I was wondering why there never was a MGS4 review. And now I know. :)

Would be nice if Sony would support you, as it makes it seem like you guys hate PS3 or something as there is very few reviews for it. And I know that more and more people on this board are buying PS3's so it'd make even more sense for Sony to send you games. Guess they are putting that $60 aside to keep PS3 costs down. :lol:

Tags: Add Tags