1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Any DJ's? Post Your Setup!

Discussion in 'General' started by Icecoldbagey, 20 Nov 2008.

1. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

As the title suggests, a thread to post your setup. Whether your a bedroom DJ/Producer or you like to take it on the road.

I'm currently in the process of buying:

Numark Total Control MIDI Controller
    Numark DJ I/O Soundcard

And i'll be using that with Traktor Pro which i already have, and probably Traktor 3.0 aswell.

Last edited: 20 Nov 2008
  2. padrejones2001

padrejones2001 Puppy Love

I'm not a DJ, per se, but when I'm asked to play some music in exchange for money, I don't turn people down. However, I have...
    Two Technics SL-1200 Mk5's and a Pioneer DJM-400 and an ample amount of vinyl to back it up.
    I also have a very nicely restored Pioneer PL-530 turntable for when I want to listen to my vinyl collection on my Hi-Fi setup. Cardas and Pickering hardware, etc.
    When using CD's, I usually use my friend's setup, which contains two Pioneer CD players and a Pioneer DJM-400.

3. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

i gave up on hardware as i don't have time, energy, or money to throw at my meager mixing skills.

currently using virtual dj 5.something, dual sound card setup - onboard sound does headphones, audigy out to speakers.
    have had a look at the outboard controllers that they have, but my desk doesn't have the room for it ...

4. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

Pair of Technics SL1210 Mk2
    Technics SH-EX1200

[​IMG]

5. caff

caff What's a Dremel?

I'm a radio dj, I broadcast on internet radio once a week (www.newedenradio.com). My setup is as follows:

MMX-410 4-channel Pro Mixer
    2 x Shure SM58 Mic's
    Logitech Monitor Speakers

I use SAM Broadcaster on the main PC outputting to channel 1, Skype and Garageband on the MacBook Pro to channel 2 for show calls and live effects.

Everything oututs to the line in port on the main pc for shoutcast broadcast.

This mixer is probably the best i have ever used to keeping the levels and EQ strong for constant broadcast!

Caff.

6. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

7. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Got a Numark Omni-Control today :)

Used to have a vinyl setup at uni but found it too expensive trying to keep up to date with the latest tunes etc, and not having anywhere to set it up permanently didn't help.

Icecoldbagey have a look at the Omni-Control, it the same hardware as the Total-Control but in a nice solid metal enclosure (instead of the cheap plastic).

http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/servlet/Info?Track=OMNICONTROL

8. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Scratch Pro / Serato are great bits of software so you can use turntables (cd or vinyl) to control/mix digital music.

9. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

Hey Fibre+, i was thinking about that as it does look a lot more rugged and solid. Its really just the money thats holding me back to be honest, but then again i would have to purchase a DJ IO soundcard wouldnt I. Might have to check these out a little more, cheers.

10. Stievius

Stievius Industrial Design Student

My twinbrother is a starting DJ but I like to spin a record myself sometimes.
    The booth:
    2x Synq XTRM-1
    1x Ecler Nuo-2
    2x KRK RP-6CL Rokit Powered 6 monitors
    and 120 jump and harstyle records :rock:
    [​IMG]
    :D

11. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

It's £30 more, metal body and 1 unit rather than two (you do need the IO with the Total Control). I think it's worth the extra after seeing both in person :)

http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/servlet/Info?Track=TCONTROLIO

12. K

K 528491

I've actually only just started myself. So, currently... My iMac or mate's Alu MacBook with Ableton Live and Traktor. Depending on the mood I'm in. And an absolute TON of awesome music, of course.

13. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

14. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Don't have money so I use Virtual DJ + tons of effects/samples I downloaded.

Good program. Thinking of Serato.

Thinking of also getting hold of something similar (and cheaper!) than the xone3d MIDI controller. Whatever the one Deadmau5 uses.

15. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Breaks, Dubstep and some Garrage\Bassline on there from what I heard. Did you mean Dubstep?

If you haven't already, you might wanna check out (off the top of my head): Burial \ Kode 9 \ Milanese \ Rusko \ N-Type \ Digital Mystikz (Coki\Mala) \ Skream \ Benga \ Loefah \ Pinch \ Vex'd...

Head up to DMZ at Mass in Brixton if you're into it :)