1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Gears of War 3 rumours rubbished by Epic

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 11 Dec 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

We all know there'll be a 3rd Gears game (how can there not be with an ending like that) and Epic have already said that Gears will be a trilogy. Can't wait to finish the story myself, although I was supprised that Epic hadn't included 4 player co-op in Gears 2 (there are after all 4 characters throughout most of the game...

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

for all i care epic can keep GoW, i finished the original on PC and thought "meh" its an average game at best overrated yes, great? no

a bitt like halo really, but then i suppose the moronic masses will want more of thier favourite ****.

4. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

someone got out on the wrong side of the bed this morning :) get some sex, that will cheer you up a bit!!! LOL!

5. dyzophoria

dyzophoria Minimodder

like the game actually, it may not be a best seller for some, but I really enjoyed playing it with some friends.

ouch, i may have liked it, but I dont think im a moron, hehe

6. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

Come on man, I have thoroughly enjoyed the time I've spent with both games on the xbox, especially when you are doing co-op with a friend, some of my best gaming memories right there!

7. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

There are very few great co-op and multiplayer games like gears 1 & 2. It's a great game and in my opinion definately game of the year!

8. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

As good as Gears is, it's co-op doesn't come close to something like Serious Sam or (probably the greatest co-op game ever made) L4D. It's just the single player... with someone else.

9. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

Wow I wasn't expecting such a positive reaction toward Gears on bit-tech. I agree with Gunsmith, I played it through on PC, and it really didn't compare well with other games I play. Hell, I even enjoyed assasins creed a lot more. It's not bad... it's just overhyped. Definitely the new halo :p

10. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

TBH Gears 1 was a little bit 'meh' but I recently got hold of Gears 2 and that is an absolutely fantastic game, was kinda dissapointed when I finished it though, felt like it should have been a lot longer, can't wait for the third, need more lol!

11. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

I've played co-op GOW2 with friends and it's fun and all but frankly, games are just better to control on the PC. My goodness..

12. rollo

rollo Modder

didnt

wrath of the lich king outsell gears total sales in 1 day . were did the epic of old go. They made good games. GOW2 is better than number 1 ( played and own both) but not much. If it was released pc only it would sell still but not in huge quantitys. Its no half life beater thats for sure. And thats still the standard that needs to be beatan, Hl2 is still one of the best games i ever played.

please epic stop making sequels . Wish every game company would stop doing that. Gets anoying. Used to be EA only now its everybody

13. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Easier said than done.

tbh, I don't care if a game is a sequal or not as long as I find it fun, or the story compeling enough to keep you playing.

And just because a game is a sequal doesn't mean it has to be the same - case in point, the Legacy of Kain series, the first game was an excellent top down RPG slasher (think Legend of Zelda IV with Vampires), the following sequals were 3D adventure games and they played completely different to the first game. The story was still compelling enough to draw me in and make me want to play (and finish) each of them to see the end of the story.

14. naokaji

naokaji whatever

They probably wanted to deny that it is a trilogy as they most likely decided to keep milking the GOW name until the end of the days and someone translated them wrong:D

15. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

They haven't denied that there will be one, it's just that they haven't started to officially work on it yet, the story writers are working with the novel atm and they're got their GA parties to recover from!

Remember, GOW2 sold something like 3million (IIRC) already

Tags: Add Tags