1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Painting guide

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Jack, 19 Dec 2008.

1. Jack

Jack Minimodder

Hi guys

dunno if this is the right place but anyway..

im buying a wavebird for those that dont know http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WaveBird
    now im buying it for my son to use with the wii console now dunno about you guys but the grey just dont do it for me or match the rest of the wii controllers so...

How can i achieve a high gloss white paint affect and what steps (a guide would be nice) should i take? its also good to mention im in the UK where paint products are concerned.

Also how would i keep the logo on the wavebird controller?

many thanks

2. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

You could go the extra mile and make casts for a clear housing.:naughty:
    You might be able to sell them on e-bay, (if no one has done it already,) to cover the cost.

3. Jack

Jack Minimodder

hmm i have some experience with casts that could be possible... where is the best place to buy
    all the stuff needed in the uk? is in possible to get the same affect as a wii controller white glossy?

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

If you were going with the paint route, then you could do it (I did it with black on a Wii mote) and get a gloss shine. Keeping the logo would be harder - I expect a stencil would be required so you could add your own after the paint job.

I'm a little too inebriated to find the MNPC painting guide - It's helped me on many occasions - But I'm sure someone else here could easily link you to that.

The essence of it all (I think) would be to apply a good clear coat and polish it to an appropriate finish (The MNPC paint guide covers that nicely IIRC).

5. Krog_Mod

Krog_Mod Minimodder

For the logo, you might have to print another out and stick it on after the paint job is done. I think a "print your own" decal kit (they sell them at most hobby shops I think and most likely Wal-Mart or here) would work best. Just find the logo somewhere online and print it out at the right size, cut it out with an exacto, and stick it on very carefully (use tweezers).

That's the only advice I could give. I'm sure there are other ways of doing the logo though.

6. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

7. Major

Major Guest

I have two Wavebirds and they look pretty awesome next to the Wii imo. I wouldn't bother.