1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films Resident Evil: Degeneration

Discussion in 'General' started by Red Eye, 24 Dec 2008.

1. Red Eye

Red Eye Minimodder

I didn't know this even existed until earlier this evening!! I'm not particularly a huge fan of the Resident Evil games but I have played most of the games so I was intrigued. Since I didn't know of this movie I had no expectations so I can say I am a little disappointed.

The story was week, Resident Evil has had a reputation of having a strong narrative with good character development. Although I can applaud the quality of the CGI in this movie, it looked superb. The lip syncing was fantastic also, not the usual sync'd in Japanes but spoken in English.

Seeing as the main hook of this movie is the reuniting of two characters of the Resident Evil canon, I was expecting to see lots of moments in homage of the game that they both stared in and a development in their relationship.
    One of the best moments of the movie had to be when Leon and Claire first met, it was very reminiscent of their meeting in the game. It certainly brought a smile to my face. I was hoping for more development between the two but this all got ruined when the scriptwriters decided to make Leon and Angela into a love interest. But my got does Angela have a pair of Bristols at the end!

Edit:
    I just checked IMDB and found out that the voice character for Leon was the same which is applauded but not the same for Claire unfortunately.

So what is everyone else's thoughts on this movie? Is this movie canon?

- Jay

2. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

never heard of it until now -- just read the wiki entry for it and it sounds much, much, much better than the "live-action" tat that came before it.

will have to look into seeing it asap. i'm intrigued!

3. Sleepstreamer

Sleepstreamer I modded christmas!

I've watched it already, and I thought it was quite enjoyable.

That indian woman made me cringe though

4. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Yea, so did the little kid. Why anyone thinks that people would empathise with a constantly screaming helpless high pitched kid is beyond me. If you have kids in a situation like that in any film they need to be terrified and whimpering quietly in a corner somewhere or too scared to move, not wailing and pissing everyone off.

Thankfully, she's only in the first part of the film. Which annoyingly is the only part of the film
    with proper zombies.
    I would liked to have seen more of the
    lumbering brain munchers. However cool the big guy is, in the games, the zombies are the ones who do all the real legwork.

Aside from those two little rants though, it was far better than the Milla Jovovich live action films. (She may be pretty hot, but she should just stick to non speaking roles like 5th element.) I think enjoyed it.

5. benjamyn

benjamyn What's a Dremel?

No it didn't :hehe:
    "You were almost a jill sandwhich"
    "I'll give this to you since you are the master of unlocking"
    "Hope this isn't Chris' blood"

Plus most of the story had to be figured out by reading many of the files in the game.

Also I don't find the CGI was particularly great and your actually the first person I've seen praising it!:jawdrop:

6. Red Eye

Red Eye Minimodder

It seems like its was a missed opportunity not to use all the story elements used in the games. When put against any of the Resident Evil live action movies, this was miles better. I would have though being a CGI movie in the same universe as the games, this movie would be more for the fans than the movie goers.