1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films Who watched the Watchmen?

Discussion in 'General' started by Unicorn, 4 Mar 2009.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I saw this last night (Projectionist friend at Storm, Belfast let myself and a few friends into the 3 day early staff screening :)) and was totally blown away by it. Its definately the best film i've seen so far this year, and its equally as good as The Dark Knight. I fully reccomend you go and see it on Friday night when its released (in the UK), and do go asap because you want to get the full dolby surround and best picture quality possible for this movie... no sloppy seconds reel thats been ran through the projector a couple dozen times by the second week its out! Its just an incredible experience to watch it. Zack Snyder is a total genius. I havent been so impressed with a Director since Michel Mann blew me away with Heat and Miami Vice. You dont just see the fight scenes in Watchmen, you feel them. 100% my favourite film at the moment, until something better (and its gonna take a lot of bettering) comes along!

Any questions about it please ask and I will answer them!

Last edited by a moderator: 22 Mar 2009
  2. Angleus

Angleus What's a Dremel?

I can't wait, but my friends aren't geeky enough to come with me at 00:05 so I have to wait until 19:30 BAD TIMES

3. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Just saw it today. It was awesome to watch, I really enjoyed it. Probably going to get the graphic novel.

What I really liked about it is the fact that it did consider the impact of the Watchmen on history. That part with Dr Manhattan in Vietnam, or Nixon's third term - pure genius.
    Also it didn't take itself serious in some ways. The little jokes were almost as "bad" as the cake in Portal.
    But thinking about it what really makes this movie great are the visuals, and the way they are presented.

Oh, and a question:
    Apart from Manhattan, they are supposed to be normal people, right? So how come Veidt (the clever one, if that was his name) can move so fast he can actually catch a bullet mid-air?

Last edited: 5 Mar 2009
  4. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

I'm really looking forward to this, I just re-read the graphic novel, really can't wait to see it.

5. alastor

alastor Minimodder

He's used his vast intelligence to formulate perfect physical and mental workouts that have given him "superhuman" focus and physique. Or that's the impression I got from the book anyway.

Unfortunately I don't have anyone to go see it with until Saturday, will have to wait until then :blah:

6. K

K 528491

Technically, this thread shouldn't be allowed to use spoiler tags... Because if you STILL haven't read Watchmen, you should be banned from The Internetz.

Tomorrow morning. Can't frigging wait.

7. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

What the hell is "Watchmen"?

J/k! Looking forward to this myself. Not looking forward to the cinema though.

8. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Oh, the cinema is quite a great concept if you could just get all those annoying people out of the theatre. :D

9. Charel

Charel What's a Dremel?

Had you read the book prior to seeing the film?

10. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

my favourite character is water guy.
    (going to see on imax on 15th. sorely tempted to go see earlier at my local)

11. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Of course! Many times :) Although be warned, as is the case with may comic/ book to screen adaptions... they are two entirely different things in the case of Watchmen. Doesn't affect how enjoyable the movie is obviously, but its different in a similar way to the Da Vinchi Code book and movie were different from one another.

My friend who works at the cinema tells me that Wathmen is sold out in both screens (They only got 2 prints of it... how crap is that?!) for every show until the middle of next week, and there are 3 shows in each of the 2 screens per day. That, my friends, is a lot of popcorn :D

12. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

I'd re-title the thread to "Who's Watched the Watchmen?" ;)

Cautiously waiting to see it over the weekend. I'm a purist, so I'm already upset about changes to the graphic novel, as little or as big they may be.

13. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

Looks amazing :sigh: but no money and none of my friends are geeky enough in that way to of even heard of the film...

14. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Techno-Dann likes this.
  15. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

thisthisthis.

i'm desperate to see it but i don't know when i'll get the chance to. probably not for another week, boooooo :(

16. Charel

Charel What's a Dremel?

I'm going at midnight, re-read it yesterday, I shall have my critical hat on, 300 was ****ing terrible.

17. Angleus

Angleus What's a Dremel?

Grrrrr I really wanted to go tonight :(

18. Mr Mario

Mr Mario What's a Dremel?

I'll get my coat...

19. Angleus

Angleus What's a Dremel?

Oh dear god, seriously read it, read it now!

I've even persuaded friends who were very much adverse to the notion of a graphic novel to read it, and when they did, of course they loved it.

20. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Just ordered the novel. I hope it's going to be even better than the movie for complete awesome.