1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Left4Dead Survival mode released....

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by g3n3tiX, 21 Apr 2009.

1. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Just to add, most tanks either died before they got to us, right next to us or after one swing, its all about laying down all your firepower on the dickhead and boom. wins.

epic game though :D

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Yep. Lay everything you can on it ASAP. They're not mega-healthed ones like expert.

Epic game indeed. :D

3. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Was hoping they would have included some extra stuff in survivor mode, like what was seen in COD5 with zombie nazi i.e barricades that can be repaired. A missed opportunity to make this game mode a real integral part of left4dead. The novelty wears off rather fast I found.

4. Jenny_Y8S

Jenny_Y8S Guest

Survival mode is good, but running to revivie soom muppet who got themselves into trouble is now a VERY risky activity!

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Anyone having stats tracking trouble? I've lost that Gold achievement that I'd managed, and it's not registering one of the levels as bronze or above. Both are shown in the "Leaderboards" thingy, just not in the achievements or in-game. :\

My housemate's lost 2 of his expert campaign completes too.

6. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Blimey, 11 mins? That's awesome. I had a go the other night on a random pub server and we wouldn't last much more than 4 mins :( That was on Last Stand, though, which I understand is the hardest of the 5 maps.

Must. Practise. More.

7. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

I've lost one of the bronze medals yeah, ive written down all the ones i had done as we did them the other night and previously, telling me i have 3 left to do, but ive only got 2 levels not on my piece of paper :(

"we'll be safe by these sandbags"

8. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

its haarrrrd but thats what i was hoping for, managed to get my silver medal last night

9. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

think i need to get this after work

10. Sutters

Sutters Silent lurker!

Yes you should - darn good game :thumb:

Steam have released an update that I believe addresses some of the achievement problems and also some exploits on the survival maps.

11. Digitalize-

Digitalize- What's a Dremel?

Yeah, im currently downloading an update, just finished the last one!

12. NethLyn

NethLyn Minimodder

I'll post here rather than bump that short Feb 09 thread - is there a thread for the official BT Steam group? Chose "join group" in the general Steam window, so let me know if that application's in a queue somewhere, since at least 3-4 other CPC incomers played L4D regularly. Ta.

13. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

damn thats hard, had a game of last stand managed to about 3:30 before a tank knocked me into the sea.

14. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

We were playing it 4-player for a while, as others have said, fun but after a few goes it gets a little old. After a few rounds we started some verses instead.

Tags: