1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Media Player Classic

Discussion in 'Software' started by vdbswong, 29 Apr 2009.

1. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Hi,

Just started using this after a random file wouldn't play on WMP11 (never had any problems before :().

Anyhow, WMP11 had a "feature" of sorts whereby when you loaded up a file you could either choose the player to resize to the resolution of the video, or have the video's resolution scaled down to fit the window and i used to use the latter extensively.

I was wondering if there was this option in Media Player Classic? I've looked through the options i can't seem to see anything obvious... the closest i could find was something like "Remember last window size" which doesn't appear to do anything :(.

The main problem occurs when i playback a 720p video file and since i'm running it through my TV (on th HTPC) it'll essentially fullscreen meaning i can't leave it running in the corner whilst i do other stuff in the meantime. Obviously i could resize it everytime but for convenience's sake i'd prefer it if i didn't have to do it to every video.

Thanks for any help =].

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Hmm... I know what you mean, is can be annoying when mplayerc resizes the window on opening a file. Don't know of any way to stop it doing that though... :(

3. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

Option -> Playback -> Output -> Auto-zoom auto-fit

might do the trick along with

remember last window position and remember last window size

you could also try to run media player with admin rights if your in vista.. right click and run as administrator

4. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Auto-zoom -> Auto-fit worked rather well, it resized the video on startup but it wasn't fullscreen and took up roughly a quarter.

However i just unchecked "Auto-zoom" and it seems to be working perfectly (in conjunction with remember last window position and remember last window size) even without admin rights.

5. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

np :]

6. barack

barack What's a Dremel?

autozoom autofit will do the job.