1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress First Case by Sircod

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by sircod, 3 May 2009.

1. sircod

sircod What's a Dremel?

As the title states, this is my first case project. I've had idea floating around in my head for awhile now, but only just recently have I started actually planning things out. My main design goal was to make the case as small as possible while still being able to hold full size components and have good airflow. I've been using Inventor to model the whole thing, and its turning out pretty well. Im planning on making it out of smoked acrylic, kinda like the Lumina case mod.

[​IMG]

with some components:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

opened up:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ive still got a bit of work to do on the design, but I probably wont get around to building it sometime in the summer.

Last edited: 3 May 2009
  2. Kumo

Kumo What's a Dremel?

if you want to remove the MB tray in that way, think about the WC hoses, they should be long enough. And that could be a problem once you close the case (too much bending and bad airflow).

3. sircod

sircod What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I wasn't planning on putting in water cooling at first, so that didn't really occur to me. But it looks like if I turn the radiator over so the hoses come out on the bottom it wont be that much further away from the CPU when its opened.

Last edited: 3 May 2009
  4. ringo

ringo What's a Dremel?

The idea is good. I build a case with a removable mainboard tray. I need long watercolling hoses, i have some problems with the closing of my case. I have to pull out the mainboard tray. You make your mainboard tray hinged it will be better than moveable. The linked scratch build will be a high target. I will following your log to see what happend. I think you made it. Keep on modding.

5. alecamused

alecamused Minimodder

:thumb:

i had something similar in my mind but with the watercooling equiment mounted to mb-tray too.

i like your idea

6. sircod

sircod What's a Dremel?

I changed things around a bit so that the top and sides are one piece of bent acrylic, as well as the front and bottom. It looks a bit better now, and should be stronger too.

[​IMG]