1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films It took me 10 years...

Discussion in 'General' started by RotoSequence, 13 Jul 2009.

1. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

Do it! Do it now! Dont think, just do it! :D

It is a little more difficult for some seeing as its old, black and white, and subtitled. But the story is amazing, and you just can't go wrong when a guy is carrying around a 5 foot katana :thumb:

2. knuck

knuck Hate your face

cool :)

I don't really mind the subtitles though. I am quite use to it thx to Naruto/Bleach :D

3. Pancakes

Pancakes What's a Dremel?

Can't say I've ever seen the Godfather Triology myself... but one movie I do recommend is The Boondock Saints. Amazing imo.

4. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Where is DougEdey?

Fox Movie Channel owes me 2 hours of my life back! B Movie Hell.

Mystery on Monster Island.

Cost more to rent than to make. Rubber suits, no plot, giggling boobies, laughable dialog. Just poor.

john

/edit

Did I mention bosoms? Never mind.

5. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

I just watched Cannonball Run 2 yesterday, and that is now one of those movies.

Jackie Chan, Jaws and Burt Reynolds were all in it, and that's all that matters.

It was a movie from a time where we could make fun of Arabs in a different way.. Sheik Abdul Ben Falafel.

6. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

Ive not seen 'Titanic' from beginning to end. I seem to always catch it as the ship is sinking... the best part in my book... drama..pheesh, if it dosnt explode I am not that much into it. :)

7. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

Haven't seen it yet.

Full Metal Jacket was one I just watched not too long ago. One of my favorite films now.

8. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Ahh, the classic Cannonball Run series. I first watched it on some old VHS tapes that I got from a friend of a friend about 10 years ago... briliant.

[​IMG]

:thumb:

9. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I've got the first CB Run film on DVD need to get the rest, classic films. Sad about Captain Chaos though, Dom Deluise was a legend.

10. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Hmm. Took me a while to see the Indy films, and the Star Trek films. Not sure they count, though, as they were mostly released long before I watched anything that wasn't power rangers..

I'm fairly certainly I saw Fight Club before the ten year mark, but probably not by much. I definitely watched it this side of 2004. Didn't see Lock Stock until last year, and most certainly didn't watch Snatch until 2005.

I tend to watch stuff with lots of massive explosions, so I don't see many of the "classics", since they tend to be more than a random guy blowing **** up >.>

11. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

double post whoring

12. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

That picture is enough to make me want to see those movies. I'm a sucker for Burt Reynolds, just because of how iconic/dated the mustache is, big fan of Smoky and the Bandit. I've never seen all of the Godfathers, none of them in one sitting.

13. ry@n

ry@n Minimodder

I saw the penis shots I just wondered why they were there, I meant that I needed to see the film again to catch "the cinema scene" :D

Last edited: 17 Jul 2009
  14. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

what possible reason could you have for following that statement with a smiley face?

i've never seen clockwork orange or mulholland drive. both have been on my computer for years.

15. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

but then again im not into a wide variety of movies either.

dont feel bad for being an old geezer. :D

16. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

The only real high critically acclaimed movie I'm yet to watch is Shawshank me thinks. I love most high rated films, I thought the godfather trilogy was great. Right now I've caught up on a lot of Clint Eastwoods films after buying the spaghetti western box set for a tenner at HMV, I especially loved The good, The bad, and the ugly! :D I think I like him more so in westerns compared to his dirty harry style cop, even though he is just as bad ass.

17. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

I've just watched it upon your recommendation - thanks! Brilliant movie, fantastic acting by Natalie Portman. Its certainly a bittersweet film.

18. C0nKer

C0nKer What's a Dremel?

Blasphemy! :D