1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Spector's Epic Mickey is a Wii game

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 30 Jul 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. mjm25

mjm25 What's a Dremel?

POO

3. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

what he said.
    was hoping for some fallout-esque kinda thing.

4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

O RLY?!
    Because they're cheaper and easier to produce PLUS you can cash in 2 to 6 times if you sell it as an "episode-based" game?

MEH!

5. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

The reason he gave was more along the lines of how demoralising it is for a team to break their backs creating 50 hour extravaganzas with loads of different paths and redundant content...only to find that most people never even finish the games they start (regardless of which game it is) and that even hardcore fans continue to miss things that took hours to make.

6. perplekks45

If the game is good enough people will try finding everything.
    There was a time when I knew every single secret room in Q2 and W3D. I think I finished Q2 roughly 50 times.

7. sixfootsideburns

sixfootsideburns modeteer

All I have to say is... DAMN STRAIGHT!

The Wii just needs time. In my humble mortal opinion... the Wii has more potential for fantastic gameplay than any other console on the market. 480i graphics might not be as ground breaking as the 360's 1080i but it still encourages a cartoonish, video game experience which is very enjoyable. Personally it brings me back to why I started playing console games to begin with. Because of the controls, the interaction, and the party environment of being able to play with friends, family, roommates, whatever, all in the same room on one machine.

The 360 pretty much took a computer and put it in a console box... big whoop-di freaken doo... Give me some time and I could do that myself and set up my OS to just boot a list of games with a controller/keyboard+mouse. I mean kudos to Microsoft because they did a bomb job with xbox, but truly I have never been that amazed. Gates is a damn good businessman, an extremely intelligent individual who made an EXCELLENT choice to purchase Bungie for the Xbox's flagship game (which is of course Halo). I'm sure people know that Halo was originally intended for PC, and for those who have never seen the gameplay concept video's before Microsoft bought them out and switched platforms I recommend you look them up. There was intended to be 3x as many guns, many many more vehicles, etc etc. But like I said... ultimately buying Bungie was a brilliant move, and it made the Xbox a success. The second big move was keeping the Bungie team on the project.

But I'm drifting... The point is, I, and many others I'm sure... have been waiting patiently since the Wii was released for some games that can hold the console to its full potential, and I still believe they will come, it is just a matter of time. And I can't imagine the gamer in me is going anywhere so waiting is not a problem :hehe:

i'll get my coat...

Last edited: 31 Jul 2009
  8. perplekks45

The only problem is that next year the next Xbox might arrive and then Nintendo's Wii is not last-gen but stone-age-gen. Sure the controls are innovative [though badly flawed in some titles], for family games it is hard to beat [other than Sing Star and the likes] and the cartoon style goes well for many titles.

BUT the graphics aren't breathtaking, the games mostly dull or plain average, single player is [due to the aforementioned reasons] quite boring and real man's titles are rare.

It is very much a family console but given they had to admit having sold around 0.6 games/console in their first year you don't have to be a genius to know there is a lot of room for improvement. Whether there is time before the next next-gen console round only time will tell. Then again, it's quite cheap and the PS2 is still going from strength to strength even though it's ooooold.

9. sixfootsideburns

sixfootsideburns modeteer

well hell. eventually of course it will end up being outdated but then again so is the N64 and truthfully I think that is one of the best consoles that ever hit the market. Some of the games that came out for it where just plain brilliant. And since its been outdated soooo many people have been continued to buy the console, the games, etc etc. simply because it has become so cheap. If Nintendo and affiliated companies who are producing games for the Wii simply are given some more time I truly believe that we will see some terrific and adventurous video game entertainment.

However I do agree with what you said Perplekks, it is a very family oriented console (which i was meant to be) however I don't believe that it HAS to be, there just hasn't been any solid options for anything else.

time will tell i suppose

Tags: Add Tags