Gaming GamesCom Cologne 2009 Day Two

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 21 Aug 2009.

1. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

2. logan'srun

logan'srun following the footsteps of giants

Awesome more coverage!!

Some comments though - Boothbabes??? None?
    Second - I would like to read about your pictures, all of them except for the first one could have at least a paragraph or two . Please?

3. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Unfortunately, there was anyone on hand to fill me in on the FPS-dome thing, but it's basically a projector which fires a reversed image onto this paper dome which you stand on the other side of to give you peripheral vision. Unfortunately, the downside is that the image from inside feels a bit washed out and you can still clearly see the paper through the image if you follow me.

As for the E-sports, well Intel has had a load of pro players up on stage pretty much constantly, mostly running high level raids by the looks of things and occasionally switching to something competitive. To be honest though, it was pretty dull and poorly attended whenever I swung by.

4. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

What is going on in the picture with the (what looks like) projector and curved screen, is it as simple as it looks or is there more to it? The caption noted it was interesting yet I couldn't see anything about it in the write up?!

EDIT: Thanks Joe (you must have been typing at the same time as me)

5. CardJoe

BioShock 2 preview is being saved for later ;)

6. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

great coverage joe, alpha protocol looks excellent did you see any game play?

7. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

alpha protocol reminds me of halflife a bit.. the textures and cargo pants.. looks like fun

8. CardJoe

All I saw of Alpha Protocol was gameplay, yeah :). Am planning to follow up for a full interview if things go right in the future.

9. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

ugh whats with the severe lack of pictures >.< these things are all about the visuals so come on show some visuals pretty please, reading is nice and all but pictures are just better ^^ unless they are not allowing pictures to be taken? in which case you need to invest into one of those camera ties =p

10. CardJoe

Simply that, to be honest, there isn't a lot to see besides sweaty men at PCs. The stuff behind closed doors is no photography and that's where the interesting stuff is. Luckily, there are lots of exclusive assets being handed out, so look forwards to those in the previews.

Meanwhile you can check out the news section for a gallery of The Mods of GamesCom and The Cars of GamesCom. I did do another, Booth Babes of GamesCom, but it was (rightly) decided that Bit-tech.net is not The Sun Online.

11. bobwya

bobwya Custom PC Migrant

Yeh it's always been more of a Daily Sport... Looking forward to seeing the Booth Babes...

12. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

was reading another article on another hardware site.. someone posted booth babes! more like fruit babes! peel some of those layers off XD guess there's not much in the way of cameltoe over there

13. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

ahh thats a bummer, I think its wrong not to show pictures of booth babes, those girls works so hard for their company just to not be seen, we need to support them and their efforts by showing off how hard they worked with pictures. ^^

14. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

QFT. :hip:

Tags: Add Tags