1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Uncharted 2 would be impossible on Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 28 Aug 2009.

1. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I don't even think this statement matters as consoles are now holding back PC games.

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Fixed that for you. :thumb:

3. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Glorified tech demo

4. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Fair enough, but back in 2004 PC graphics weren't so limited by consoles. 5 years later, there's bits and bobs added, but nothing nearing revolutionary. That said, Graphics still take a back seat to gameplay.

Hence my addiction to AOE2 LAN.

5. rollo

rollo Modder

best looking game on consoles is wipeout hd ( play on hd tv and you will see what i mean)

Console games are now 3-4 generations behind current pc hardware. And it will only get worse. Multiple dvds for a game should not be needed in this day and age. Still wondering how many dvds final fantasy 13 will arive on.

6. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Get the Wipeout Fury addon DLC, it gets even better :eek: such a great title, a real bargain price.

7. perplekks45

Every time a new generation of consoles is introduced they hardly limit PCs. But until the next time there is no or hardly any development in the console market [hardware] and at some point the games can't be optimized any more to get that marginal better looking game. PCs evolve and evolve and evolve.

Every day after release is a little bit closer to death for a console. Same goes for graphics cards in PCs, and for CPUs and the likes. But it's easier to replace them in a PC, eh? :)

8. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

PC games will always be better because we can spend 3000 euros on a system whereas the consoles are around 1/10th that.
    I have a blu-ray burner in my pc and a blu-ray player in my laptop.
    I have the 4870 x2 space heater in my desktop, and will soon be throwing another one in there, since they are so cheap now. How many consoles can hope to have 4 (!!!!) gpus?!

Advantage PC, as always.

Yours in PC Gaming Plasma,
    Star*Dagger

9. Awoken

Awoken Gazing at the stars

Elite was written in 22k and produced a virtual 3D universe. I am very skeptical that a well coded piece of work would require that amount of space and that amount of power.

10. perplekks45

I guess it's mainly uncompressed textures and the likes that use that much space.

11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

This seems, if anything, entirely expected.

Naughty Dog are in Sonys pocket, they're probably well provided for (In terms of dev kits and tech support) thanks to their many years of Sony dedication.

It's probably (Infact, I'd say it most certainly is) true, but frankly. Who gives a toss? those that do own a PS3, and those that don't probably, well, don't.

12. rembo666

rembo666 What's a Dremel?

As far as I'm concerned, it's another point AGAINST PS3. Nobody ever said that PS3 is not a powerful system. The problem with PS3 is that you have to write the game specifically for it. While Uncharted 2 come out as the best looking game ever, it still does not prove that it makes business sense to write games form PS3--it's still cheaper to write games for a CPU with multiple identical cores than having to worry about which core to feed what. Sorry, not impressed, sticking with my PC as always.

13. s1n1s

s1n1s What's a Dremel?

I don't see what your getting at here because that's dumb most people I know with a pc don't spend much more than £1000(€1,135.77) on their pc but yes we can spend that much but not many people do.

the game does look very good

14. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

3000 euros fro a PC? just to play a game, thats stupid and shows some people have more money than sence and dont understand the true value of money.

I bet these people still live with their mum and when they move out reality will hit them.

Familys cant spend 3000 for a pc for their kids. Thats why consoles were invented, cheap entertainment system. With the 360 and PS3 looking so good, sony and ms should now concerntrate on making games than a new system.

15. perplekks45

Next Xbox should be there by next year [5 year life cycle] but they're pushing out that silly movement tracking thing of which I forgot the name.
    Next PS3 should arrive in 2011.

Plenty of time to develop new games, eh?

16. mr00Awesome

mr00Awesome YEAH SWEET LEMONADE

I though Project Natal was going to "revive" the Xbox so they didn't have to produce another console so soon?

17. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Both MS and Sony are looking for a 10 year life cycle. Which is, quite frankly, ludicrous.

18. perplekks45

That's why I assumed half of that. :thumb:

Though the PS2 is still going strong after 9 years.

19. s1n1s

s1n1s What's a Dremel?

I've heard that the next xbox is meant to be coming in 2012

20. perplekks45

A 7 year scheme? Interesting.

Tags: Add Tags