1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Overclockers UK will not give full refund of shipping costs

Discussion in 'General' started by Delphium, 5 Nov 2009.

1. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

Hey, so as some of you may have already read here on the forums about my SSD failing, so I got an RMA with overclockers.

I dont think it is to anyones surprise that this is where it goes downhill...

I send the SSD back to them for RMA, I got the RMA started over the phone, and asked if I would get a refund of the shipping costs to them.
    They explained that if the product was to be found faulty then I would get a refund on the shipping.

OK great.. so I send it back, and open a WebNote (grrrrr crappy webnote system) and forward the cost of shipping, including a link to a picture with proof of the shipping costs of £16.74.

I get a reply to the webnote informing that...

"We will refund approx £8-£12 if the item is found to be faulty. Regards, Dean Hillier"
    :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

1/2 - 3/4 of the shipping costs???

Is this right, can they do this, where do I stand on getting my full refund?

I have asked for a full refund and shall see what they reply with tomorrow, but surely if they explained that they would refund the costs for a faulty item, then I dont expect only half of the value refunded.

TIA.
    Delph

2. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

Was that for insured delivery? If so they may well not pay the insurance part...

There is no need to quote the first post of the thread in its entirety when you are the first to reply to the thread. First, what else would you possibly referring to, and second, it's a pretty long post - so either quote selectively (a sentence or paragraph at a time) or not at all!

Yours truly,

A moderator :)

Last edited by a moderator: 5 Nov 2009
  3. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

you had to pay to send it back?

last time i RMA's something it was year old memory, and a kind city link driver picked it up from my door.

4. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

It's common practice for companies not to pay you the insurance or tracking part as it is not necessary. However of course if you did not put insurance or tracking on the company could simply say the item never arrived or it was damaged.

Either way you lose.

Some companies however do provide free pickups (and shipping is the responsibility of the company).

5. Delphium

Yes it was.

I thought that would have still been covered??
    Its small and worth over £200 so I errd on the side of caution.

6. Delphium

This was my sentiment exactly.

I have had compies do collections before, however not with these folks :/

If it is common practice for them not to cover the insurence part, then fine ill just live with it, I just thought that they would surely do so.

7. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

I would say you are amazingly lucky to even get a RMA sorted with overclockers in the first place - you aren't going to win this one mate, just grim and bear it for the sake of £8. At least you'll get a new SSD back. OCUK are crooks and we all know it.

Last edited: 6 Nov 2009
  8. Delphium

Blimey... a nice reply this morning to a complaint I sent last night :)

"Dear Sir, The £16.74 that you quote in your e-mail is perfectly acceptable. This will be refunded to you once the item has been tested and found to be faulty. I apologise for the confusion that has occurred and the incorrect information that you were given by our staff.
    Regards,
    Daniel Worrall
    Technical Manager
    Overclockers UK"

Thats more like it. :D

9. RTT

RTT #parp

They are still a bunch of ***** though.

10. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I think OCuk are trying to make a change to the stigma they get. I have delt with them alot and never had problems, yes typical reply of one persons response.

However the amount of OCuk horror stories has dropped alot! so either less people are using them (doubt it as there still trading and just openned a new bigger store) or there service is improving.

11. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Well that's a turn up for the books....!

12. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I think you're right there - the number of recent cases of stupidity have drastically reduced now. Similar to the usual number from any etailer imo.

13. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Is the warranty however not Return to Base meaning exactly that you need to return the item at your own cost?
    Having previously worked for an computer component retailer that was usually the case there. If found faulty you may get the postage refunded however it is an RTB warranty which you agree to when purchasing.

I do agree though that it's pretty lame not to pay the full amount if it's faulty.

14. Delphium

I was hoping, like im sure many others out there where... that they had improved...

However it just gets worse :duh: :sigh:

They do agree to refunding the full shipping costs once the drive is determined to be found faulty.... ok, no problem here any longer.

Apart form, its been a week now, for which they have had the drive since the 6th Nov, sat on there asses with it, I call today to chase it, for which I am informed that they have lost it. :duh:

Meaning they are unable to return it to the manufacture for a quick replacement, I am informed that it is likely to be 28days+ before they get stock, in which I am advised 15 other folks are also awaiting these drives. I ask which position I am at and am advised postion 16th. :duh::sigh:

Considering I called Crucial and they advised me there had plenty of stock within the UK, it's somewhat annoying that OCUK have such a delay.

Unfortunately these drives are now more expensive than when I purchased it (@£225 delivered), so if I get a full refund, its still going to cost me a lot more money to get a replacement.

Overall im less than impressed, but hey, thats overcockers.co.uk for you, and I guess should have been expected. :rolleyes:

Oh well, yet another horror storry to add to the many others.

15. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

At least they were honest, even if they did screw up big time :)

You got you're refund and are getting a new drive, all you have to do is wait. It could have been a far worse outcome given it's OcUK you're dealing with!!

16. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

16 quid to send it back?

How did you send it private same day courier lol

17. Delphium

So true lols, and im waiting, just typical of em tho ;)

next day insured courier, as i said before, its small, its expensive, if it got lost, id rather of had the insurence... which it has got lost! (although not by the postie heh)

Just gotta play the waiting game, and in the mean time, reinstall my orignal hard drive which is riddled with bad sectors... especially on sector 0 :duh: , so booting the PC is proving to be fun :blah: it wont boot without a dvd most times... but least it gets me online.

18. miteoj

miteoj Forum Newbie

Whoa? They would've refunded you £8-£12...? So -4? Jokes.

Nice one on getting it sorted though. Though some money is better than no money...

19. Shepps

Shepps Slacking off since 1986..

"OCUK in bad customer service shocker"

Oh wait..

20. Turbotab

Turbotab I don't touch type, I tard type

On a similar tangent, anybody noticed that Ebuyer seems to have offshored their call centre?, which has reduced their service quality, as I find it harder to understand what they are saying to me.

Last edited: 14 Nov 2009