Education Architecture Portfolio

Discussion in 'General' started by Archtronics, 31 Jan 2010.

1. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Hi

Im in my 1st year and I need to make a portfolio of work and also a digital version aswell, any advice on any good programs to make portfolios with ???

thanks

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

My architecture housemate used to use Photoshop+ImageReady to do all his portfolio-type work. Worked alright for him.

3. greensabbath

greensabbath Got Wood?

I actually graduated in June with a degree in Architecture and I used Indesign and Photoshop to do mine. Its still a work in progress but I'll post it on here for you so you can see an example of a mediocre one.

4. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

indesign and photoshop are a must. for rendering use vray, include concepts from a wide range of fields to demonstrate you can design for a brand, and change styles as according to the situation.

5. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Hey thanks I Have had a look at indesign :) is there a student version or simular ?? as you can imagine I am not that rich at the moment :p

6. greensabbath

greensabbath Got Wood?

I don't believe there is a student version but your school should have it in the computer labs or you can usually ask around and someone will have a copy of it.

7. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Thanks il ask around sigh new project is hard.

8. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

I just finished my first architectural portfolio last semester. I used photoshop and indesign solely.

9. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Indesign or if your a skint student and torrents aren't your thing go and get Scribus

10. greensabbath

greensabbath Got Wood?

It might be fun to have a post your portfolio thread, for art, industrial design, and architecture students/graduates (or any other people with portfolios). It'd be cool to see what else people have done. Unless of course there already is such a thing.

11. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Indeed, it would be cool to see some of the folks here post their portfolios. I recommend the Art & Photography sub-forum - there are already quite a few very talented people posting their work over there.

12. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

That would definitely be a good idea, be great for people like me to get a critique on things i've done and things I'm doing. Share ideas.