1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Windows 7 SP1 due this year

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 10 Mar 2010.

1. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

I think that hell will freeze over before that happens, just in case I should be right, here some usb powered gloves:D

Anyway, I know that there have been rumors of sp4 for years, but why would they do it? MS doesn't have any interest in Companies delaying upgrading to a new OS any further and most netbooks can run Windows 7.

2. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

I can not even think of anything they would have in the update. I have so far been really happy with 7 and compared to the experience when xp first came out I must say this is the best experience with a new os I have ever had. While I did run into some problems they were more due to me wanting my configuration to work a particular way and were not hard to fix with a few registry hacks. Stability wise it is way better than when I first got xp which did have a lot of issues until sp1 came out. The only thing I can really say I had real problems with for the first time in windows was sharing files. It is easy if both computers are on 7 but trying to get the **** to share with xp systems had me scratching my head for an hour and questioning my intelligence.

3. Golygus

Golygus Minimodder

Routers don't need drivers no, however the OS can make a difference, though problems manifest themselves more with wireless, and with cheaper routers.

When XP SP3 was released things stopped working. same for vista. I've not yet seen it in 7 (assuming that's down to the similarities to vista).

I've also seen a lot of driver issues. But take this one router firmware release notes as an example:

4. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Well, MS could start by fixing the auto sort in Explorer. I don't want Explorer to f****** auto sort my files when I e.g. unpack a RAR file.

5. shanky887614

shanky887614 What's a Dremel?

why not just turn it off?

6. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

bad first comment (must be talking about wireless device drivers), the only router i have had problems with was an ADSL edimax router and SP3 for XP as it would make the DHCP Crash on them and then the router would auto reboot (no sp3, router worked fine or set the SP3 pc to static IP work fine as well) but an update was made for them to fix it

@azrael-
    think its more auto refresh, i like it for the most part as it saves me having tp press reload when i have unpacked files, just sort it using crated date not modified

can you turn auto refresh off not really checked

7. Matticus

Matticus ...

I was really loving the RC and beta. I was really excited about retail, especially getting it through msdnaa, then all of a sudden I was disappointed, I have had more problems with retail than beta or RC. It seems crazy that it could have got worse for me, my friends have experienced similar issues that were just not there in the beta/RC. Hopefully sp1 will get me back to RC speeds and reliability.

8. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

well the service packs are basically a collection of patches up to that point.. put all into one- used to slipstream new disks

9. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Back when Vista had just realsied I was working part time for a market research company (Taylor Nelson Sofres) I think is from the UK? Anyway, we questioned many businesses in Asia and many didn't upgrade to Vista because of the many problems it had. Of course that's Asia but I think it's the same story for most companies in other countries.

10. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

I really love w7, its like the PC has come of age

11. shanky887614

shanky887614 What's a Dremel?

dont say that casue it emplies that it will soon get the best possible and then die or get considerably worse

12. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I think its good that they are getting on with it and fixing problems. A SP is nice and simple way of fixing problems rather than countless tiny fixs.

13. macroman

macroman The One

??

14. dec

dec [blank space]

i did read an article about desktops being replaced by smartphones on yahoo.com......:worried: Then again who would really want a iPad iFail over i7-980X Cheesecake!

15. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Apparently you can't switch off this behaviour and it's driving people nuts (me included). For starters have a look here and here.

16. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

17. rollo

rollo Modder

windows 7 for me has been abug free expereance, Considerably better than the RC was

Tags: Add Tags