1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Is Crysis a decent game?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Executioner, 17 Apr 2010.

1. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Oh please. You're pulling info out of your arse as if you personally knew every player who likes cod and isn't a crysis fan. And Crysis didn't invent sandbox gameplay.

Pieface likes this.
  2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I like CoD, but I like Crysis. Which is best?

FIGHT!!!!

Seriously, it's a pointless discussion. I never get why people get so wound up trying to have these arguments.

I like both, other people may like neither, I couldn't care less what they think.

3. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

whats the difference in the game between warhead and normal one?

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Werhead is an expansion pack following psycho between Crysis levels 4 and 11

5. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I also enjoy them both, but for very different reasons - Crysis for the awesome graphics, gameplay, and a challenging yet fun single player experience, and CoD pretty much for a competitive, entertaining, arcadey multiplayer experience.

6. sheninat0r

sheninat0r What's a Dremel?

Coming off Shattered Horizon, I adjusted to Core pretty quickly. It could have been much worse, as in Crysis they keep you oriented one way no matter which way you turn; in SH, you can actually go sideways and upside down.

7. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I would have to agree with that actually.

That's no doubt why I had different approaches to combat in them, Crysis I started with slowly, slowly, sneaky sneaky. CoD has, for me, been more shouty, shouty, shooty, shooty ARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!! :D

8. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I have enjoyed pretty much all of the first Crysis game. I need to remove or tweak the graphics optimizer again as it keeps crashing on me. It seems to hate running at 1920x1200 for me, so often have to run it windowed or silly 1920x1080 to get it to run.

I didn't mind the alien levels at all and found them to be quite tense. I enjoyed the challenge of pumelling them to death instead of shooting them for the most apart as their guns hurt like freight trains.

I rarely used the SCAR, almost always went with the AK. Preferred the feel of it. Seemed like an old mistress.

Generally, I found it to be a very fun FPS, not the (please excuse this horrible acronym) *OMGWTFBBQ* kind of deal, but there were definately moments where my jaw was hanging.

9. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

Still haven't played it. But would like to at some point, largely due to Gunsmith. My PC won't cope atm though and I have no plans to spend any money on upgrades.

10. gibber

gibber What's a Dremel?

I enjoyed it. In the early part of the game there are many different ways to approach each mission, you have a lot of freedom in the way you play the game. I usually stealthed in, then blast my way out. Blowing stuff up is alot of fun.

11. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

So which do people prefer, crysis or warhead? A lot of reviews said warhead was better because it was more action packed... Which was precisely the reason I didn't like it as much as the original

12. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I enjoyed them both about the same.

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I prefer the original, Less confined and Warheads supposed "optimizations" are ********.

14. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

This I can agree with.
    I didn't like it. Doesn't mean it's a bad game. It's a purely subjective thing. However, a large (and by large I mean large enough to give you a general idea) part of the PC market liked it, though.

15. rollo

rollo Modder

Crysis is what it is

i had fun with stealth + suit blowing up camps in a matter of seconds

Graphics are brillaint

now the flaws

story is really quiet poor
    stealth + jump suit can tire after a while
    enemies don't miss at all on the harder difficulties so ts kill or be killed

best fps hmm

mw2 is still best even if it's because of multiplayer only

farcry and crysis are both in the same mold

diffrence is far cry had a decent story

16. tron

tron What's a Dremel?

I would say Crysis is one of the best shooters I have played, in term of its gameplay and strategy. The only thing that stops me from ranking it as one of the best overall games is only due to the fact that I spend far more time playing other genres such as racing car games.

As for the graphics, as old as the game is, I replayed it the other day and the daytime island scenes (@ very high settings) are absolutely gorgeous to look at. The graphics have definitely made a mark for Crytek in history as pushing the graphical borders. However, I would recommend this game even without the ultra graphics.

17. kornedbeefy

kornedbeefy What's a Dremel?

Crysis decent? I rarely finish my games due to getting bored. So if it kept me interested long enough to finish it I'd say its decent.

18. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

bollocks is it, its a game built around telemetrics and a marketing comitee, no respectable game dev would release something as bad as mw2 unless there was someone in a suit (oh wait activision) standing behind them with a bat.

19. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

I enjoyed Crysis.

Thats all I can really say tbh.

EDIT: I might actually buy it again tbh, it would be nice to give my laptop a bit of a push

And my wifes machine.... And mine..... :D

20. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Bought the limited edition steelbook version of Crysis for a fiver (new) in Game about a month ago, have only played the first level so far - but it looks impressive and I had fun sneaking about.