1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BC2 Hardcore on or off?

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by Rogan, 18 Apr 2010.

?

Do you want hardcore:

1. On

14 vote(s)
    31.8%
  2. Off

30 vote(s)
    68.2%
  1. Tuned#F_A_F

Tuned#F_A_F What's a Dremel?

On.

It was painful tonight playing against high level players who...quite literally... all have Mag bullets. Every deathcam I checked my killer's spec and every single one had Mag bullets active. On several occasions, my squad of all <lvl 15 players were emptying clips into opposing higher lvls and getting nothing, while a few Mag rounds wasted us with ease. It's more a failing of the game than an issue with softcore v hardcore that higher lvl players get better armour and damage than players just starting out.

Hardcore only loses the radar and clearer objectives/HUD. Everyone should be using iron sights anyway so losing crosshairs is no biggy.

2. L Plates

L Plates Irritating annoyance

I do feel your pain FAF most of us who didn't beta had the same problem. Having said that I tend not to notice mag ammo deaths and I don't use armour. Some people might say it teaches you the basics of where/how to move in this game, personally I think that's balls but as I've said before it really doesn't take long to advance if you stick with it..hope you do the game can be a lot of fun.
    It did just occur to me the possibilty of distance and damage drop you're not used to. Have a look here (not that it helps much) http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/
    We all need to pump half a magazine in to someone with assault rifle from what seems like 50 feet in game.

Good luck

3. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Magnum ammo doesn't make that much of a difference, it's not like it doubles the damage or anything, and I never felt it was game breaking even when I was a lower rank. The weapon handling is a bit funny in this game and you've just got to get used to how to use them effectively. I get much more success firing in one or two round bursts than I do full auto or several bullets at a time, and it's more satisfying when you kill someone with a few carefully placed bullets.

4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

which team were you on? the team i was on won most of the games fine no problem. (i was on the same squad as Rogon and smc at first couple games)

smoke is key guys, there were many situations where i notice my teammates wasn't moving up, and once i die, i provided smoke cover so everyone can move up without getting shot at. also when COM stations didn't have cover smoke is key.

tonight, M60 was a bit overused. me included as i needed a few more kills for silver badge on M60. i think the problem is that M60 + magnum ammo = better than semi-automatic sniper rifle. hopefully the patch will fix this.

5. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

He was on the other team, at least he was when he rage quit. That was when we steamrolled them pretty bad and won both attack and defense without much of a fight, but that was more down to poor team balancing than poor weapon/perk balancing.

On the smoke thing, I wish they'd have regular smoke grenades. I don't use frag grenades all that much and it'd be nice to have the option of using smoke without giving up my 40mm nades or shotgun.

6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

smoke nade would be great. hand grenade is more of a lucky random nade thing, so i'd also be happy to trade that with smoke grenade.

there are way too many 40mm nade flying around some times, i've even played a game (on other server) that has half the team sitting in cover, chucking 40mm nade and using destruction 2.0 to get the job done. same as with MW2, i really dislike those "noob tubes"

it's 40mm smoke or other classes for me thank you very much.

7. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

I always rage quit.

8. Rat1sully

Rat1sully At Least Skt478 Never Broke

and from pretty much every game i've ever played with you

sorry couldn't make it tonight guys other commitments get in the way every couple of days, did the server fill at least?

9. Puk

Puk (A shrewd and knavish sprite)

Yup was full still at ten when i left, and only one abusive fool to boot, was a good night!

I agree with the M60 thing, was getting a little annoying but you can't have it all ways, rather that then getting spanked by a torrent of carl gustav rockets, oh, wait :p not too many recons which made a fairly decent run of maps.

In response to faf, I don't think the ammo upgrade makes all that greater difference, it still requires two bullets from a Barrett to kill someone without a hs, and maybe two less rounds from an m4, although with short bursts it's fairly straighforward to kill the enemy. I only play a short amount but i've ranked up fairly fast, to start with all I did was snipe and it's a slow way of going through the ranks, it's tough at first as assault but get stuck in the fray shirt bursts and you fly through the tanks supprisingly quickly, I rarely snipe now, although I used the Barrett pretty well defending the harbour last night. I need to do some serious medic time but assault is too much fun, and loving th upgraded shotty!

10. Pricetx

Pricetx Bad Company 2

I was in the server last night for a short while; it seemed like it was running smoothly at the time, it had been full for at least 20 minutes which makes a nice change!

I have to admit I was one of those people who were using the M60, although I was trying to get a silver star at the time.

My next goal is to get bronze stars in all of my pistols; that'll be... difficult. I'm pretty lousy with the things :p.

Oh and personally I voted for Softcore as it just seems to be geared far more towards teamwork than hardcore is.

11. Tuned#F_A_F

It wasn't so much of a "rage" quit as an "annoyance" quit. I'd tried to down 4 enemy players in a row (mostly the curry-monikered Admin :p ) and emptied clips, only to have them drop me in a matter of milliseconds. I can understand that balance and attack/defence had a lot to do with it, but if I'm not having fun in a game I leave. I don't stay to be cannon fodder for the guys on the other team who are having fun :)

12. Tuned#F_A_F

In terms of the server itself, it runs fine. And Softcore is just as enjoyable as hardcore, except with the less realistic damage. I'm happy to have the server as softcore, and hopefully there will be mods out soon that modify the teams for balance, less stacking etc.

[edit] Sorry for double post, clicked "edit" then entered the text in the reply box by mistake :) [/edit]

Last edited: 20 Apr 2010
  13. L Plates

L Plates Irritating annoyance

I hadn't realised there was a Hulk class..must try it but don't see it on my menu.

The mass of medics and M60s I take a different view to most people and certainly when attacking these people are priceless. I like to try and be whatever class I think will help most but those reviving team mates on the front line not only save tickets but keeps the pressure on much more than having to wait on respawn or worse spawning back at base and running. I despair when my attacking team have few or no medics. (Nearly as bad as when you are medic and die in front of a team mate...who runs off when he could pick up your kit)
    I also agree with wuyanxu smoke is also priceless, it became standard kit for my assault class ages ago.

14. Jam C

Jam C What's a Dremel?

Many thanks for taking off HC.
    I was on the server for the past 2 hours and it was packed then.................
    Major lag issues.
    I love watching fellow team mates dance in the air. lol
    Apart from that.........
    Great!

15. Tuned#F_A_F

In lieu of the hardcore mode to even things out a bit, are there any mods that will attempt to balance the teams according to ranks? It does seem to happen awfully often that one team will be full of high ranks and the other <20 ranks. That's not just CPC but every server really; it seems awfully easy to change team to make your life easier :|