1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant o2 is down?

Discussion in 'General' started by LithiumDesign, 11 May 2010.

1. LithiumDesign

LithiumDesign 3dsMax User

Not just me is it ? :wallbash:

2. Gareth24

Gareth24 Folding = vdubs

all ok here

3. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

From what I've gathered it's O2, Orange and Vodaphone that's been affected, but not all of the networks, only 3G based pay monthly customers.

Apparently they had a power outage and that knocked it offline, they've got power back, but how long it takes to re-initialize an entire phone network I don't know, I would say mid tomorrow, but looking at the mammoth task ahead of them, I'd say that's looking more conservative than out government.

4. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Damn it!

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Well if 3G pay monthly customers are out why do mine and my gf's phones still work? (London and rural Lancashire, both 3G).

6. GingerFox

GingerFox What's a Dremel?

7. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I had this problem with O2 over december. I phoned their customer services in hope to find out what was going on (and solve another issue which never did get sorted) only to find their systems where crashing on a daily basis after a dodgy update so their customer service team was useless.

8. 1nsignia

1nsignia What's a Dremel?

I had no reception on Tuesday around 8pm either (in Newport, South Wales). Just had a call from a friend an hour earlier, then got home and no reception. I thought it might be my phone, so I restarted it, and still no luck.

I found the free number for O2 customer services (you get charged from a non-O2 mobile) from saynoto0845.com and phoned from my land line (lucky I still have one of those). It was busy but I had reception back before I got in contact with anyone, so I hung up.

Good to know it wasn't just me.

9. Lee @ Scan

Lee @ Scan Scan Computers

Mines been fine here in Manchester (m28) but my missus who is also on O2 was having issues last night with calls connecting and texts coming through.

Anyone else on O2 get delayed text messages? I have periods all the time where people text me and it can take anything upto 3 hours for the message to come through and sometimes it comes through twice.

10. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Yup, I had a few delayed by up to 6 hours last night, they didn't come though till after midnight.

11. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I had service issues yesterday on Orange, but it was only when i was inside the house, which is un-usual for me, things seem to have cleared up now, hooray

Sam

12. Lee @ Scan

Have you ever had them delayed other than last night.

I've had many delayed several times over the past.

Everytime I ring O2 they seem to try to fob me off blaming my handset (which one is the question as I've got iphone 2G, N95, and a nokia 6500 all available to use) and in each of the handsets I get days where texts done come until a few hours later.

My Missus has also had many texts delayed including one where I texted her to say I wouldn't be meeting her after her meeting at work (hence I couldn't ring) as I had to go for a MRI scan.

I'm jumping ship anyway soon from O2 and going on Virgin for the free landline to mobile calls :)

13. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Very, very rarely. Though I am on Tesco mobile but I don't think it makes a difference as they just piggyback O2's network.

14. Matticus

Matticus ...

I had the odd signal drop yesterday on Orange as well. Though I suspect that I was just in an area with no signal and thought that something must be up as my friends on O2 had issues.

15. Lee @ Scan

Gah...

just sent 2 texts to the other half who is also on O2 and they've not arrived at all.

I've just phoned her and spoke to her and I expect the texts will arrive sometime later today.

Everytime I ring O2 it's a ballache going through all the same rigmarole only to be told there are no issues with the network. Is that so? Then why the heck are my texts not being delivered in a timely manner.