1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Played Just Cause 2 this weekend...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by bestseany, 1 Jun 2010.

1. bestseany

bestseany What's a Dremel?

...and i have to admit that I'm pretty disappointed. The control system is pretty dire on everything. I nearly threw the keyboard at the monitor in frustration!

Sure, most of it looks nice (apart from the cartoon vehicles), but it's so difficult to control the character and it can get quite disorientating.

I want my £20 back :(

2. olimorgan

olimorgan What's a Dremel?

I just got it but not tried it yet. You can hook up a 360 controller and play it that way

3. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I don't know why you would want to do that, the keyboard and mouse controls are just fine. In fact, if anything I found them too easy as there's some sort of aim assist thing which means you only have to be aiming in the general direction of someone to kill them.

4. olimorgan

olimorgan What's a Dremel?

Just because beatseany doesn't seem to like the mouse/keyboard combo

5. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

My only gripe is that the majority of cars handle like shopping trolleys. Shopping trolleys that love the skid and spin-out all the time.

6. Leman

Leman What's a Dremel?

I got the most out of JC2 by using the Bolopatch and just breaking everything. Really having multiple, unbreakable ropes just increases the chaos to bonkers levels.

Connect 5 guys alive to a jeep then go for a nice drive off a cliff then jump out mid-dive and
    'chute to safety. Connect jeep to plane and try and use it to knock over Baby Panay statues with it.

7. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I have to agree about the controlling using the mouse and keyboard; I found it awful.

8. bestseany

It's not really the keyboard/mouse combo that I dislike, it's the way that JC2 uses them.

The helicopters are pretty bad to fly too, there aren't enough controls for it! The character nevers seem to do what I want, it's really annoying actually.

And the car handling is shocking! Going back to GTA IV was a relief for a third person shooter.

9. BarryBear

BarryBear What's a Dremel?

Tried it with Mouse and Keyboard which lasted all of 5 minutes but I like to change to mouse when using turrets as controller moves it too slow but other than that controller is much better.

I found the game got really boring after getting 100% in about 100 areas and the story is really boring.

10. Rezident

Rezident GFWL failed

I thought it was brilliant. Combat can be a bit awkward alright but overall, as an explosion simulator, I thought it was great fun. LOADS to do too, massive game and it is beautiful.

First adn only game I have ever bought DLC for.

Rico has some legendary one-liners too, if you listen out for them e.g. 'you can either come quietly, or I'll cut off your hands and bitch slap you with them all the way there'.

11. bestseany

I played it again last night. My opinion has improved a little bit since having a go in a helicopter with the guns. But it's still really frustrating.

I don't like playing with controllers for this type of game, I find it less intuitive than a keyboard and mouse.

12. flukielukie

flukielukie The Cool Guy

Well I suggest not really using vehicles Parachuting + Grapple hooking is far faster and keeps the action flowing more than driving.

It's more vertical than horizontal and it's fresh and brings something new to the sandbox genre I think.

13. Rezident

Rezident GFWL failed

I've played it with mouse and keyboard the whole way through (over 100 hours and about 86% completion). Obviously the combat will never be like a FPS like half-life but overall it's fine. It can be clunky, but once you zoom in and aim, I have no major problems.

14. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

explosion simulator, thats ****ing brilliant.

my copy just arrived this morning from zavvi, damn its good.lacing a pack of missiles with c4 and then ferrying it around via chopper before before dropping it on someones head genuinly made me lol.

cant wait to really start experimenting :thumb:

15. shadows

shadows What's a Dremel?

When I first saw JC2, I thought it's spiderman with guns! I'm waiting until I upgrade the PC to buy this game, but I've played my mates copy on the PS3. I must say it's an pretty damn good game.

Definately an intresting style of game play.

16. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

Aha! So that's where I've been going wrong - I keep dropping the helicopter on their heads! :duh:

I've not really had any problems on mouse and keyboard with this one. It's not up to the smoothness of a proper FPS but it's definitely playable. OK, so I drive the occasional car off a cliff but I see this more as an opportunity rather than a flaw (sometimes I even mean to do it :D)