1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food & Drink NRG THRIST!!!!!11!!

Discussion in 'General' started by shoxicwaste, 2 Jul 2010.

1. shoxicwaste

shoxicwaste Minimodder

aha, nice pun.. but the problem here in England is that I'm sure there's certain laws and restrictions against the amount of caffeine and Taurine in drinks because every single English energy drink has the same amount of caffeine and Taurine in it...

2. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

Kustom PCs my friend :)

3. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

If you can find Bulldog Buzz, I believe its the most caffeinated/ml energy drink in the UK.
    (~50mg/100ml?) and it doesn't even taste (too) bad!

Of course, as many have said, Relentless is decent as it's half the price of Red Bull and just as strong, and doesn't taste too bad. Makes your piss green if you have more than 2 cans though.

On a school trip to Austria a few years back, we found something called Koffein.. it was lethal o_O Disgusting and dangerously caffeinated.

4. shoxicwaste

shoxicwaste Minimodder

Thing is caffeine isn't really dangerous, for instance caffeine pills, you would need to drop at least 2500 Pro-Plus pills in one go, for it to even borderline a "lethal dosage" or overdose that could effect your health such as heart attack, death, passing out, vomitting etc..

5. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

Although, more than 2 bottles of Tesco Value (diet) Kick has an extremely bad after-effect

...Also a good way to pull a sickie, you feel genuinely ill for about an hour then you're right as rain again :)

6. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Seeing as Mountain Dew has finally made it across the Atlantic (I had my first bottles yesterday :D) I can heartily recommend it. It's known as Mountain Dew Energy over here and I believe it's only in most Sainsburys stores and BP petrol stations.

Tastes awesome and has lots of sugar and caffiene. Helped me no end with staying awake after five hours sleep and a 2 and a half hours of driving.

7. shoxicwaste

shoxicwaste Minimodder

rofl, i must try this... overuse-age of energy drinks gives you the shits and smelly farts!

8. shoxicwaste

shoxicwaste Minimodder

I think Mountain Dew energy gives you a awesome kick and it tastes like really strong lemonade like a lot more lemon/zestier

9. genesisofthesith

genesisofthesith complete spanner

Monster Khaos, Ripper and Original are all pretty tasty - nice to drink, but can't say that they seem to offer much of a pick me up. Can intermittantly be picked up for £1 for a 500ml can in ASDA, so not bad value either.

shoxicwaste likes this.
  10. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

***** juice is wicked, especially with a couple of shot of vodka thrown in.

11. shoxicwaste

shoxicwaste Minimodder

aha, im tempted to buy some ***** juice online :3

12. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Actually, the lethal dose for an average human male (say about 80kg) would be to injest 1600-2000mg in one go, which amounts to 80-100 200mg caffeine pills, or 160-200 100mg caffeine pills. Also, fatalities from overdosing on caffeine pills have been reported.

However, you don't have to overdose on caffeine in order for it to be dangerous. Injesting in excess of 300mg in one go, can bring on any, or more, of the following symptoms; *snip* restlessness, nervousness, excitement, euphoria, insomnia, flushing of the face, increased urination, gastrointestinal disturbance, muscle twitching, a rambling flow of thought and speech, irritability, irregular or rapid heart beat, and psychomotor agitation. And in cases of much larger overdoses, mania, depression, lapses in judgment, disorientation, disinhibition, delusions, hallucinations, and psychosis may occur, and rhabdomyolysis (breakdown of skeletal muscle tissue) can be provoked. *snip*

13. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Just google it.

I've tried Monster, its ok but I found it quite sweet and sickly.

Theirs also a relentless in a red can, berry something which is quite thick and sickly.

Last edited: 5 Jul 2010
  14. shoxicwaste

shoxicwaste Minimodder

The relentless flavors are disgusting! only the original relentless is the best. Im surprised to see no one has mentioned rockstar :O

15. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Monster Kaos is win.

Sugar Free Red Bull is better than the normal stuff (flavour wise), IMHO.

As for Caffeine - I had most of the slight overdose symptoms already
    All of them, actually

16. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

I know im going to get my head bitten off and shoved back up my arse for saying this, however, exercise and eating correctly will keep you alert and active all day.

I stare at a computer screen all day long and the best thing I can do to wake up is get on my bike for half-hour. I've tried drinking loads of energy drinks and all I get is 20 mins of "OMFG IM GONNA PWN ALL U NOOBS INTO NEXT WEEK!!!11" and then "I'm too old for this ****, these 12 year olds are making me look like a total boob"

Eating fruit and good "brain food" keeps me programming all day and freelance at night and the occasional game session.

shoxicwaste likes this.
  17. shoxicwaste

shoxicwaste Minimodder

I agree with you... kind of.. like the problem with super pwning with energy drinks is later on you feel like ****... you sweat buckets and **** liquid. - but that's excessive use LOL

i like skating for a few hours or so.. coming home to get a shower then gaming :3

18. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

to be honest though, i like to relax playing games, im not a "got to beat this n00b" person, im a "lets see how many people i can knife in the face" kind of player. relaxed and carefree. i don't like being "wired" in the evening i'd rather relax and enjoy.

19. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

I honestly believe that my body has lost the ability to metabolise caffeine, during college I absolutely raped pro-plus and red bull, had to have coffee in the morning to function properly at all, nowadays if i'm tired then I'm tired, it makes no difference if I chug down one of these big cans of energy drink or take some pro-plus, if my brain says you're going to sleep then I go to sleep, sat where I am or in bed depending on whether i move fast enough, my mrs is always moaning she can't wake me up if I accidentally crash out while watching late night tv with her! It's like I developed a master sleep override, when the brain wants sleep, it's having it regardless of where I am or how much I want to prevent it with coffee or the like.

20. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

you need a holiday + sleep + detox lol