1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food & Drink 12 year old McDonalds burger looks almost the same as a new one

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 26 Jul 2010.

1. Moriquendi

Moriquendi Bit Tech Biker

I have a basic rule that has served me well, if bacteria wont eat it then neither will I because it's not food, it might look like it, it might even taste like it but it isn't food.

Moriquendi

2. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

That is sound advice Moriquendi.

3. mrdbristol

mrdbristol Voided my warranty years ago

SSme was the extreme, i'm sure you know that.

Eating just 1 product for a week/month will have effects on you.

Fast food is not a subsitute for a balanced diet, as would just eating salad for a week .

It will still leave you lacking in certain vitamins an minerals.

Moderation and balance is the key.

4. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Of course. Still the movie did serve as something of a warning with regards to how addictive it is, and how quickly the guy's weight increased. But obviously it was the extreme, and obviously a balanced diet is the way to go, which will still allow one to indulge in fast food cravings every now and then. It is, however not for me though.

5. mrdbristol

Unless you live in a sterile environment, you consume bacteria all the time.

Bacteria does not define healthy / dirty or harmful / dangerous.

You need bacteria to live :thumb:

6. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

True, but not all bacteriae are good for you. For instance; E-coli.

His point was that if not even bacteriae will touch the product in question, then it is not food fit for consumption, which is a rather good point in my opinion.

7. mrdbristol

Yoghurt

8. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Bacteria eat things to make yoghurt, yes. And we eat yoghurt. You seem to suggest that as a contradictory example, yet it fits quite well. The idea behind Morquendi's post isn't that he wont eat bacteria, that really has little to do with it, it's that he won't eat things that bacteria won't eat either. Yoghurt is quite alright by that guide.

Here's a quick list of things that bacteria will not eat*:
    -Rocks
    -Metal
    -Plastic
    -Glass

None of those four sound tasty. The idea is that if something is so inorganic and nutritionless that even bacteria stay away from it then people should too. That is also not to say that anything bacteria eat will be safe (post hoc ergo proctor hoc is the saying for that logic right?) simply that things bacteria don't eat are bad.

*I'm sure someone will read that and feverishly search the internet for some rare type of bacteria just to prove one of those wrong, but I think we get the idea.

9. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

What rubbish are you talking about? I cracked open hundreds of chicken eggs when I worked their while at college. The eggs looked real enough, I dont think they would go to all that trouble to make fake egg shells if they were not real eggs I cracked open..

10. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

You think Mc is greasy? Jesus christ don't ever come to Hungary or you'll starve to death :p

11. Moriquendi

Moriquendi Bit Tech Biker

Yup, this is my point exactly.

There are kinds of bacteria that eat rock and also kinds that are used to extract minerals and metals from ores but my rule is a more general thing, if it's a food or is presented as a food but it doesn't go off then I avoid it.

Moriquendi

12. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

So he might go hungry...in Hungary? :D

[​IMG]

mvagusta and Sloth like this.
  13. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Seriously? I was there, working in the kitchen at 6.30 this morning, cooking breakfast menu.

and I'm pretty sure the eggs I put in the muffins were the eggs I had previously cracked up and then poached...

It's lower in calories than an average pub meal. What pub meals were sampled? I don't know, I didn't conduct the study, but I can probably safely say that they most likely sampled meals from chains like "Hungry Horse", "Beefeater" etc.

Furthermore, Jamie Oliver, you know the guy who's always banging on about healthy eating has stated himself that McDonald's in far healthier now. That could mean that it's got 1% less fat. but for him to publicly say that? It's got to be a vast improvement.

Boogle, before you open your mouth to spout more BS, just remember that there are people who work for this company day in and day out, some of which who may not agree withe the companies ethos, but it's provided income for them during college, uni, and various other circumstances.

I wouldn't slag off the company you work for, and tbh, you shouldn't do it about other people.

14. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

:D

15. bestseany

bestseany What's a Dremel?

Mmm.... big mac....

16. Pieface

Pieface Modder

I want to watch Supersize me again, but then I know I would be craving for a McDonalds.

17. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Just ... say ... no!

18. shoxicwaste

shoxicwaste Minimodder

I've been working at McDonald's for over a year now, and can ensure you.. none of the food is over 2 hours old (off the grill). I once found a old meat patty under a cupboard that I was cleaning, This cupboard gets cleaned 1once a week, the meat patty was destroyed in mould, so im saying the link to the article is basically a fake

19. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Flawless victory. That really made me rofl.

20. xrain

xrain Minimodder

You mean the lithotrophs? Certain kinds of lithotrophs don't exactly eat the rock, but they do eat sulfur inside of rocks and convert it into sulfuric acid causing the rock to dissolve. However they are not a rare form of bacteria and are have a significant role in the creation of soil. Other kinds of lithotrophs also "eat" Iron causing it to oxidize. :thumb:

In a way this acutally contibutes to your argument, because if bacteria choose to eat metal and glass over Fast food burgers... :eek:

On a similar note, there are also a quite a few fungi and bacteria that enjoy growing in Diesel, and yet they too refuse to have anything to do with the mighty fast food burger.

So I'd say I would agree with Morquedni in that I would only eat foods that bacteria would also eat. However I would not eat ALL foods that bacteria like to eat...