1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

I am leaving for camp in 25 minutes and just got done with one of the worst episodes of diarrhea in my life.... now its time for a 4 hour drive, YAY

2. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Arm still swollen like crazy but I just can't wake up in the morning to go to the clinic and passed 12 it's useless to even try because I will just end up waiting until it's closed. If I go to the hospital, I'll wait for like 12 hours so no thanks

Free health care has its price

3. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Ur country is doin it rong.

4. knuck

knuck Hate your face

it went wrong about 15 years ago and they still haven't fixed it. Now we have a severe lack of personal in hospital because of shìt working conditions. That makes them leave to work in private clinics or just stop working altogether. Among those who are left, the suicide rate is very high and seems to get higher every year

Things aren't going well

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Ours doesn't do it a whole lot better, tbh.

6. Canon

Canon Reformed

Just a little bit ;)

7. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

I don't know if you've had a bad experience, but here's my experience of the NHS:

Getting and appointment with my GP - phoned up at 3PM Monday, I had an appointment for 7PM (so I didn't miss work) the next day.

When I needed to go to the walk in clinic I waited 30 minutes to see a doctor who then sorted me out straight away.

When I had an accident an ambulance (which took less than 10 minutes to arrive) took me the ten miles to the nearest hospital and the doctors prevented me losing my eyesight. I didn't even catch MRSA or anything.

Being under 21, I'm provided with as many free condoms as I can use. (Women are given the contraceptive pill for free too) I've also gotten the emergency contraceptive pill (not for me personally, obviously) for free no questions asked.

When my dad found he had an abscess he was booked in for surgery in two weeks time. It was scheduled around his prior commitment to a business trip. The district nurse visited him at home to change the drain and redress the wound as a follow up to the outpatient procedure.

When my mum was diagnosed with cancer she got her surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy and medication given to her. The NHS saved her life.

And how much do they ask for? Just a portion of our National Insurance contributions. Essentially nothing.

And then there's my non-life-threatening prescriptions: £7.50 gets me 6 months of all the medications I need.

You can think the NHS does a **** job if you want, but I know you're dead wrong. The NHS do a ****ing fantastic service to this country.

8. knuck

knuck Hate your face

and if I want to see my dermatologist, I have to wait from 6 to 8 months.

Awesome

9. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

GPs are actually private partnerships that receive funding from the government, management is up to them so one GP might be great while the other is ****.

I needed 6 stitches in my chin, I went at 9pm, came out at 2am with only 4 stiches. I was also about the only one in reception. If my mum had the kit for it at home she could have done it in 20 minutes.

10. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I am genuinely delighted to hear that you have had good (great) experiences with the NHS when it has been necessary for you or your family to recieve medical treatment, but it is very different here. I'm afraid this small corner of the UK still doesn't get treated the same as the mainland. Three NHS hospitals have closed here since the start of the year and apparently there are more to come. That's a lot when you consider how small Northern Ireland is and how few hospitals and especially staff there are to serve that area. My Father suffers from Rheumatoid Arthritis and had to have a toe operated on early last year (joint removed, toe straightened then pinned to heal without a joint). The waiting list for getting this procedure carried out through the NHS was almost 6 months. For a two hour procedure. He had it done privately within 2 weeks, but obviously had to pay for it.

11. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Broken circuit board on an external HDD enclosure

12. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

umm doctors and nurses are extremely high paid in canada.

we just dont have enough. thats all.

13. knuck

knuck Hate your face

salary =/= conditions

working hours == conditions

that's what I meant

14. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

i see. i guess it depends on the area. my sisters friend is a nurse. she loves her job.

15. TheMusician

TheMusician Audio/Tech Enthusiast/Historian

acid indigestion. anybody know any remedies? i've had it for 4 hours now. feels like theres a balloon inside my chest. hurts to swallow or breathe deeply.

16. Canon

Canon Reformed

Andrews salts...may be what you need.

As for ruining my life right now, waiting for payments to be processed so I can pick up a replacement keyboard and headset, could do with something sorted right away but....wait I must. :wallbash:

17. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

Chalk (calcium carbonate)
    Milk
    Baking soda in water (half and half)

18. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Rubbish bad hosts chosen by my one client. Now I am fighting them for screwing the pooch on a domain registration and billing a client.
    That, and having to train a new drummer for a gig on Friday.

19. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

Waiting for FedEx to deliver my equipment for my electronics class

and waiting for finances to process >.<!

20. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Well.. after 3 hours and a half of waiting, the Dr isn't sure what's wrong with but he thinks (so did I, tbh) that it's a clot somewhere in my arm that's causing all the inflation and pain.

Off to the hospital I go ....