1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News STALKER 2 will be multiplatform

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 16 Aug 2010.

1. mastorofpuppetz

mastorofpuppetz What's a Dremel?

Spoken like a true ignoramous.

Call of pripyat was more stable then almost all AAA games thet last few years (Fallout 3, far Cry 2 were ten times worse), but keep up the ignorance.

Ill take stalker, bugs and all over almost all generic crap that gets released today.

2. mastorofpuppetz

Another ignorant bafoon. Not only did GSC patch and support the first 2 like very few devs do, COP was more polished then almost any game I have played on PC in a long time.

3. mastorofpuppetz

Yeah, bit-tech is turning in the Gamespot forums.

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

oh ffs not another one.

5. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Charming personal attack there. Do you have a vested interest in defending GSC against the oh-so-dangerous forum posters of the world, or are you just abusive and unpleasant all the time?
    Also, learn how to use a forum. Edit button, multi-quote. You'll look like less of a troll.

I enjoyed STALKER, but the series has a long history of being horrifically bugged on release, to the point where the game's strengths were mired under stupid glitches and bad quality-control for weeks until the devs and the community set about fixing the problems. Whether the patches are forthcoming or not games shouldn't be released in that state.
    I won't make any apologies for having little to no faith in GSC to produce games with no major bugs on release day, their track record just doesn't stand up.

6. Evildead666

Evildead666 What's a Dremel?

So, the first one was a little buggy, the second one was very buggy, and the third was fine.

i don't see this as a "long history".
    i see it as a first attempt, that was pretty good considering the Dev problems they had in the beginning.
    Clear Sky was a problem, yes, very buggy.
    Call of Pripyat was fine.

The long history is just one failure in a series of 3.

I have good hopes for the 4th installment. I certainly won't add any negative conjecture since all we know about it is it will be available in 2012 sometime.

7. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

Just what I was thinking. someone buying the games now (as I have) will find them ludicrously cheap and bug-free. If anyone is worried the new game will be buggy, just wait six months before you buy it. I don't think bugs are going to be the issue here though.

A lot of the "speculation" that has gone on here already has to be pretty accurate, I fear. If the new game is to be released on the consoles that means it has to be based on DX9, though as some have said we might get some tacked-on graphics enhancements for the PC. Also, if it's going to be sold for the consoles, the chances are we'll see a fair bit of simplification. A large number of PC gamers said S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was too difficult and too complex, even there were many who loved it. I can't see this game making it to the consoles without becoming a radically more streamlined (and in my opinion less exciting) experience.

I foresee S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 being comparable to SupCom 2 in terms of its relation to the previous game in the series. Dumbed down to increase mass appeal, thereby making it far less interesting for anyone who likes their games to have some depth.

8. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

That is true, as you should know, a turd can be polished

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiJ9fy1qSFI

9. GiantStickMan

GiantStickMan What's a Dremel?

I agree with the above poster, i love playing both console and PC games but I have to say, the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R is not a game that would work well on consoles and a lot of changes/sacrifices would have to be made which could dull the experience for those used to the originals. Again, just speculation but it has been proved with other titles before.

10. Evildead666

Evildead666 What's a Dremel?

Yes, I also agree with Yslen's post.
    Dumbing it down for the Xbox controller or PS3 controller, and their usage models, could overly simplify the gaming exerience, and it would loose a lot of its appeal as an fps/rpg to become a boring slasher, a la Far Cry 2. Infinite ammo and health.

11. mastorofpuppetz

No offense, I question someones IQ when using YOUTUBE. . Every review talks about how stable, bug free COP was. Can't fix stupid and Stupid People who cant maintain their PC's.

12. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

I propose the use of "multiplatform" as a synonym for "crap".

As in:

"Crikey, that's a pretty multiplatform job you've done papering that wall"

Or:

"That politician's ideas are all complete multiplatform".

Zurechial likes this.
  13. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

No offence taken, I'm just glad I didn't waste any money buying it, I bought and played the first game, which was bug ridden enough to put me off buying any sequels.

14. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

lol brilliant :D:clap:

15. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

I don't often agree with the tone of your posts, Phil - But this made me laugh.

+1! :D

16. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

Hopefully the fact that it's multi-platform will mean it's bug free on release as it will sink on consoles otherwise. Note to the posters above COP was only bug free on release here. They released it in Eastern Europe months before the rest of the world and basically used them as Beta testers

17. cyberspice

cyberspice Angel on a bad trip

I love how 50% of the people on this forum work for GSC and are involved with programming STALKER 2. How else would you know that they're going to dumb it down and cripple the graphics to appeal to the console crowd?

How do you know they aren't just going to keep it as complex as the first 3 games, alienate 99% of the console crowd, sell next to nothing on the consoles and go bankrupt because they couldn't recoup the costs of the bringing it to the console?

Yeah..... probably not a good idea either way though.....

18. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

with enough PR and hype console "gamers" will buy any old piece of ****.

19. mastorofpuppetz

Thats pretty close minded, you are missing out on one of the truly unique and great gaming experiences around. SOC was also quickly patched and very playable after launch.

20. demonisch

demonisch What's a Dremel?

I've seen similiar comments about how Crysis 2 will be dummed down etc for consoles.

Wait though! STALKER and Crysis both started as PC exclusives. Doesn't that mean that instead of normal developers who start with the console version and port it to the PC, these games will be developed with the PC in mind and then ported to the consoles?

As someone said about DirectX scaling downwards, you could make the game with beautiful DirectX 11 graphics as you would if it was a PC exclusive, but then let the Xbox automatically scale it down (I know it is not as simple as that, but in generalisation?).

These games are not RTS (which does not work on consoles); shooters and RPG work very well on consoles without compromise. If the developers take the step to create separate GUIs for the PC and console versions (E.g. Dragon Age Origins) then there shouldn't be a problem. The developers earn extra revenue, more people get a chance to play these great games, and we PC gamers get the best version!

Tags: Add Tags