1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News STALKER 2 will be multiplatform

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 16 Aug 2010.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Its not the engines that'is in question, its the gameplay that suffers 90% of the time

2. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

yep like gun said.. the gameplay

reminds me I'm going to upload sc2 fraps footage from this weekend along with a guide on fixing your nvidia drivers =] consoles are so lost when it comes to fps gaming it's not even funny

but the saddle poppers have the money waiting.. soon there will be a skip button in every game- so you can skip over parts that are too hard for you

and they'll make sure casual mode is equal to rolling your face on the keyboard

3. Arkanrais

Arkanrais What's a Dremel?

for all those complaining about the gamne being dumbed down to DX9 levels; you dont seem to realize that Call of Pripyat supports DX8 (eight). the Xray engine on COP supports cards as old as the Radeon 9600 and FX 5900.

4. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I'm pretty sure that it will be a bit dumbed down, but I expect them to do a decent job, even if SoC was by far the best one.

Just hope they keep most of the cool elements and actually release the finished version of SOC instead of all the bits and pieces they left out. As for it being on Consoles, great, if it'll make them money, then we will be able to get a good PC version hopefully.

5. Grape Flavor

Grape Flavor What's a Dremel?

waah it's multiplatform waaah it's going to suck waaaah my life is over waaaaah boohoohoo

Here's an idea - let's wait until the game comes out before we make final judgments on how crappy it's going to be.

I thought we PC gamers were supposed to be above this fanboy trashing of anything that is even made available on a competing platform. I mean really, do you want to be the PC equivalent of this guy? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-uTnqYHZ-I

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

fear 2
    farcry 2
    deus ex 2
    supreme commander 2
    bioshock (its an SS sequal)
    mechwarrior 4
    command & conquer 4
    unreal tournament 3
    call of duty
    Rainbow Six

Do you see a pattern here or would you like a crayon drawing?

7. Elton

Well to be fair Gunsmith, FEAR was also ported to the console.

It's more of when the oversimplification gets out of hand do we have a problem. I mean GTA IV was infinitely better on the PC.

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

yes but it was done as an afterthought much like the original supreme commander and carmageddon.

9. Elton

Good Point, still the GTA IV argument still stands, outside of helicopters being a tad impossible to drive in the GTA IV, it was better on the PC.

As was Test Drive Unlimited and TESIV; Oblivion. Even if Oblivion was buggier than an anthill.

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

gta4's contect was fairly deep even tho it was plagued by a horrendous port across, it seems most multipatform argements seem to spin off in the direction of engines and control setups as opposed to the real problem of gameplay dumbing to appeal to a mass audience.

11. Elton

You do have a point in the sense of controls. Still dumbing down seems to be a disturbing trend, i mean how many games do you see today with a Manual option + Clutch?

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

quite a few infact, its things like oversized hud and text elements, game mechanics that give the player an overwhelming advantage, shitty FOV's to aid rendering, patronising hints and level design as well as what i call the ADHD syndrome; where console gamers need to be impressed within seconds as opposed to pc gamers more modest minuites.

you cant build immersion when **** is speeding you onto the end game and into the next statistic made coperate drivel of a sequal thats been made to last 6 months.

13. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

Well, I guess that's it then. The last good PC franchise has fallen.

It's dumbed-down console c**p all the way now.

14. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

I may just re-install SOC, but is Clear Sky as bad as people say? I saw a tech demo of it, which to be fair looked pretty much like SOC but with volumetric smoke effects while nice.... didn't make me want to shell out money for it as I felt that Clear Sky was released a little to close to SOC and I think it should have been made as free DLC. I could get the whole lot if it was bundled in a Steam sale.

15. general22

general22 What's a Dremel?

I'm all for some PC elitism but this seems over the top, most of the posters here come off a little clueless saying that because it needs to be on consoles it will be a DX9 game.

I would like a crayon drawing because your examples are mostly stupid. C&C4 isn't on consoles. UT3 wasn't really dumbed down, there was just no reason to buy it since it brought nothing new to the table. Rainbow Six has been on consoles ever since the series began as well, only the last few instalments have been meh because Red Storm was bought out by Ubisoft.

FEAR 2 was also a rehash of sorts. I can agree with you on Bioshock though, I wasn't a fan of that game.

Perhaps sometimes game developers make bad games regardless of the platform, naaaah thats too far-fetched.

16. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

This is one of my favorite series and I hate seeing it go muli-platform unless GSC takes the DICE approach and maintains a separate PC version versus a straight port.

IF GSC sacrifices anything on the PC version for the sake of those "pipe dream" console sales numbers then they will "BLOWOUT" themselves and loose their PC fanbase. Please don't ruin an excellent game.

I hate all the whining about Stalker having bugs, seriously folks learn to clean your registry and maintain a PC. Shadow and Clear sky had minor flaws but were fine after the first patch. Pripyat was bug free right out the gate, Russian and US version. Stalker was no different from any other PC game, buy it, patch it.

Try playing the Stalker Complete series as they are all patched, have enhanced graphics, and gameplay.
    if that's still too much for you then some of you may be better off with a console because I didn't have any problems with Stalker that I didn't have with any other PC game but then again I can maintain my PC properly.

17. warejon9

warejon9 What's a Dremel?

Didn't they have enough problems trying to get rid of bugs on the PC version, so adding in more versions could be rather interesting on the bug front. Stalker should still be better on the PC due to all the mods kicking about, quite a few can actually fix the game. Also ain't the Xbox 360 based on something similar to a dx10 core (it was made by ati, and has tesselation support). Yea PC graphics are a lot better, i just hope that they don't dumb it down to make the consoles look better.

18. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

Unless they are going to use a tweaked Cryengine 3, which will dump out versions for each platform at the same time...(at least that was the impression given by a Youtube vid on the subject...)

19. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

it does, but that doesnt help the gameplay that will inevitable need to be nuked for consolers to grasp

20. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I hate this elitist argument. There are so many great games released for consoles and PC. Just because two things were made together, doesn't mean either platform has to suffer. Us PC gamers should be thankful - the console market keeps the entire games industry in profitability - what with all the piracy on PC.

Tags: Add Tags