1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Eeeeeeep!! - Oh, that wasn't so bad...

Discussion in 'General' started by mars-bar-man, 31 Aug 2010.

1. bagman

bagman Minimodder

to be honest i wasn't as nervous as i thought i was going to be still preety nervous though

god i am so releved my sisters passed first time one with 4 minors other with 3 minors so quite a lot of pressure going into the test

2. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Haha, I wasn't nervous until I pulled out of the test centre, it leads right on to a main road. Heavy traffic.. I saw my chance, went, heard the front right well spin.. and then the nerves began..

Other than that, it was ****ing ace. I really don't see what I was so worried about. Just need to drive safe.

3. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Gtz man!!

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i remember when i passed mine i had the worlds biggest headache afterwards

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Congrats matey! Now start having (careful) fun learning to drive the way you feel comfortable driving... not sitting bolt upright, inches from the windscreen with your hands at ten to two on the wheel and looking at your mirrors every other second :rolleyes:

As someone said, it takes maybe 3 or 4 years to get really good at driving after you pass your test. I still suck at parallel parking large cars, because I only drove the Focus for about 18 months and I've gotten so used to swinging the Clio into the tightest spots for the past few years :)

[oh and thanks for getting that card sent out so early this morning :thumb:]

6. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Congrats! Good feeling isn't it? :)

7. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I was dehydrated to buggery, even though I'd drunk God knows how much water.

Yeah, I started to drive how I felt more comfortable towards the end of my lessons, probably not good, but I felt more relaxed.

Yeah, it is. I've got about £160 more a month now, don't have to panic about the test, and can relax :) Grats on the interview btw.

Well, I looked at some insurance prices.. Holy ****. £1400 for a 1.25 Fiesta... I've got no hope...

8. Pieface

Pieface Modder

I'm at a renewal quote of £1300 for a 1.6 Citroen Saxo with a few modifications after driving 2 years and 1 years ncb. Dropped £600 from my last insurance.

9. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

**** a duck! No way would I have paid £1900 for insurance. Hopefully I won't be stung so bad next year. Look at get a Fabia VRs or something.

10. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Fabia vRS with 1 year driving experience? I'd like to see you get it under £2k.

11. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

£1800 after a supposed 6 months driving. I had a look ages ago. That was when I was 18 as well.

12. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Insurance prices have rised dramatically over the last couple of years.

13. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Oh... great. That's rather unhelpful. Any reason? Or are they all just milking us?

14. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Statistics. Too many young people either not driving on insurance and crashing, not declaring their mods or just plain crashing. The few idiots ruin it for the majority.

15. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Yeah, mine actually went up a little for the first time this year after it's steadily dropped from £1200 to £300 since I passed my test.

16. Ljs

Ljs Modder

I passed my test over 10 years ago now and insurance prices have been insane for at least that long... When I was 18 I was paying £1800 for my Saxo VTR!

You should look into doing that pass plus thingy - I wish I had. Knocks a bit off your insurance which will more then pay for its self in a year or so!

17. Pieface

Pieface Modder

My insurance renewal is next week and I've got it to drop by £600. Changed to a standard exhaust, changed my profession (As I'm a student again!) and added my brothers fiancee as she knocked it down £100. So in my family I'm the main driver, and my parents and brothers fiancee are named drivers. It's just my brother who isn't on the insurance.

18. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Not necessarily, it depends entirely on the insurance company whether they will give you a discount, and even then it may only give a substantial discount in the first year after you pass. I'm pretty sure Direct Line don't offer any discount at all for it.

19. Ljs

Ljs Modder

I'm no expert on the matter but I am pretty certain it wasn't just for the first year, could be wrong and yes, of course it will vary from company to company.

Also, not sure what its like now but Adrian Flux was by far the cheapest company for me to insure as a young driver, incase you guys hadn't seen/got a quite from them... And also some forums give an additional discount - got a golf? Join a golf forum/club (you can find ones where you can join for free) where you can get a discount etc..

20. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Adrian Flux want you to have ncb before going on a forums additional discount. Trust me, I tried last year. You need to be 19 and 1 years ncb for a discount on TPFT and 23 (or 21) for fully comp with 3 years ncb.