1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Don't buy MOH if you're British

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DragunovHUN, 22 Aug 2010.

1. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

A queen....perhaps, THE queen. No. Definatly not.

2. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Oh yeah because that worked so very well untill the 17th century.

3. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Just don't play it, simple. At least you have that choice. If you don't like it go live in China for a bit where they decide for you what games you can play and what media you can see.

4. hirezo

hirezo Minimodder

i dont see the issue, its a game, its not really that offensive. nobody complained when you played as the terrorists in cod4 multiplayer...

besides...it could be a lot worse

5. KingSheepy

KingSheepy ?lemerD a s'tahW

So much for free and tolerant society. I won't be buying it until it goes down to £15 anyways.

6. Sexton

Sexton Minimodder

OK for cops and robbers, but this isn't the same. It is the principle of simulating a still ongoing war. Its sick quite frankly, and as said here, thoroughly un-British. Our armed forces have spent years fighting against the Taliban and now EA decide to recreate the vice versa of that for gamers entertainmnent? There is nothing entertaining about that, just a completely twisted enjoyment that the shallow few who buy this travesty of a game will get.

7. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

Don't play it if you don't want to.

However, if you feel that you are in some way entitled to pass judgement on those who do, please explain to us in full what gives you that right.

8. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Point 1 - Win
    Point 2 - Stop the trolling! Like it matters... These are internet peoples! Like anyone really cares for another set of text against another.

+pre-ordered copy sitting on steam+

9. GooNeR

GooNeR World domination plans in phase 2!

Medal of Honor is only a game. It uses two simple objectives. Do better than the other team. Kill more than you get killed.

Allied Troops vs Taliban while the war is ongoing is a little bit controversial and maybe distasteful yes. But controversy sells a lot of copies then.

Look at that former **** PM Tony Blair selling his book at the moment (and announcing that he was giving all money to the Legion - Smells of blood money to me tbh), bucketloads of money has been exchanged for that book of his memoirs being scrawled over the pages then.

MoH isn't any different than anything similar to that. I have it pre-ordered on Steam, and I will play it. At the end, the basic aim of the game is... shoot a moving object that is rendered in pixels!

10. st1x

st1x Surviving on low specs since '86

New Medal of Honour has the Taliban as playable opponents in multiplayer and yet another politician has jumped on the "OMFG bandwagon" and is trying to urge people to ban it.....when will you realise that you have now promoted the game?
    Since its rated an 18 and i am capable of making my own mind up, i will buy what the hell i want and play what i want.
    Did you all bitch when we could play Germans in the other MoH'ers? or
    play as Iraqis in Battlefield 1942...how about the chinese in
    Battlefield 2 or maybe as Stormtroopers.....ok a little extreme...BUT
    STORMTROOPERS HAVE FAMILIES AND FEELINGS ASWELL....No you didn't Mr
    politician so stop trying to score kudos with the un-informed and ...get
    back to doing your job, mmkay?

Score one more for buying it because it will irritate people....i play a game for the storyline...if its got a good story yeah ill play it since it doesnt matter to me WHO i play as.....

I wonder if as many people complained about the background of the two main protaganists in Kane and Lynch? and thats on its second installment.

Nic

EDIT: Just had a thought about Farcry 2......white player character shooting a load of non-white africans? That subject may be a little pushy, but i don't remember hearing anything about it on the news and THAT is still an ongoing war in many places.....

Perspective peoples....

11. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

12. pcyzad

pcyzad What's a Dremel?

Deleted

Last edited: 4 Oct 2015